TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › New Cats on the Block › Introduction
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Introduction

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
Hi everyone,

I just found this site while searching for advice how to socialize stray cats! I have one domesticated cat, who is 6 and very mellow, and found a stray kitten last week at the train station. Well, I couldn't just leave the little guy there. So he's home with me. You'll be hearing from me soon on the Caring for Stray Cats forum!

This looks like a cool place to gush about the kitties. They are my babies! Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Best,
Kitty
post #2 of 21
welcome!
post #3 of 21
I'm new on here. Cats aren't really my thing, lol I know thats aweful to say on a Cat forum, but I'm trying to figure out this whole cat thing. I love my kitten. Her name is Kitten, I know how original but she wont answer to anything else lol. I tried to name her Renna, but no response. She is 7 months old, and she is a piggy. She amazes me, she loves my dogs, and me. She is soooo cute. I will post pictures when I figure everything out.
post #4 of 21
Hello and Welcome to you both!

Hope you enjoy the forums!
post #5 of 21
Hi there we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your furfamily to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions
post #6 of 21
I would like to share my story with you all.

I used to have four cats.
Last summer my sister moved in with us, we already had a full house with our own pets, and my ex boyfriends large Great Dane Newfie. My sister brought her pets, three cats and two dogs. It was difficult, as I also had a border with her cat as well. We had alot of animals at the time. It was hectic trying to find a home for my sister and her pets, but we made due. Unfortunately while I was at school there was a trragic accident, a kitten that we were looking for a home for, fell into our fishtank, my sister hadn't realized, as she had a two year old and the kitten drown. To top it all off, someone who was trying to get my sisters child taken away had called childrens aid (all disregarded, we are not neglectful people, children or pets) but when the childrens aid people got here they found the kitten. I was called home from school to find the SPCA raiding my house, they allowed us to keep five dogs, but were going to take all the cats. I knew the woman who came from the SPCA she searched for loopholes so she wouldn't have to take any of the animals, as they were all very very healthy. She couldn't find a loophole, but managed to allow us a hour and a half to relocate as many of our pets as we could. We only had five dogs re homed (very happily) through the SPCA, I saved my special cat, which I recieved when I was hospitalized. And my best friends cat, the both went to his parents house. I also saved my ex's Great Dane newfie, along with three other of the dogs. Like I said alot of pets, we breed small breed dogs, (NON PUPPY MILL) all healthy. I got to keep my seventeen year old Huskie/Sheltie cross, she lies comfortable on my floor as I type right now. However another tragedy struck, my best friends parents don't like me, and allowed my baby Terror, a tabby and white cat, to escape to the great outdoors, where she had never been, she is lost to me now, which is why I didn't want to get a new cat, but without them the rodent population increased, and mice give me the heebie jeebies, so I got Kitten.

I wanted to share this story because I hope it will help me overcome my sadness for Terror. I still look at the animal shelter for her regularly. I just hope that she was discovered and given a good home.
I also wanted people to know that not all animal seizures are because of abusive homes, sometimes it is just a matter of having a permit.
Please don't judge me, had i been home that day, that kitten would have been playing with me, or on its way to a new home. I was devistated, it took a great deal of councelling in order for me to get over it.

There is no need to respond, but if you have questions about animal seizures and what the SPCA is and is not allowed to do, I have alot of answers.
If you feel like bashing me, don't I do it regularly.
post #7 of 21
Thread Starter 
Thanks so much for the kind replies! I am looking forward to getting to know you all.

Puh-lease check out my post on the Caring for Ferals/Strays section of the site, if you have any experience. I need some help and encouragement, since I've never worked with a stray before.

Thanks so much!! This site looks awesome!
-Kitty
post #8 of 21
Welcome to TCS!
post #9 of 21
Thread Starter 
Darly,

I just saw this post and wanted to reply before turning in.

How unbelievably terrifying for you! I don't know how I would have gotten over an experience like that. Sending you good wishes and all the best. May you always find solace in the many animals that are in and will be in your life.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DarLy View Post
I would like to share my story with you all.

I used to have four cats.
Last summer my sister moved in with us, we already had a full house with our own pets, and my ex boyfriends large Great Dane Newfie. My sister brought her pets, three cats and two dogs. It was difficult, as I also had a border with her cat as well. We had alot of animals at the time. It was hectic trying to find a home for my sister and her pets, but we made due. Unfortunately while I was at school there was a trragic accident, a kitten that we were looking for a home for, fell into our fishtank, my sister hadn't realized, as she had a two year old and the kitten drown. To top it all off, someone who was trying to get my sisters child taken away had called childrens aid (all disregarded, we are not neglectful people, children or pets) but when the childrens aid people got here they found the kitten. I was called home from school to find the SPCA raiding my house, they allowed us to keep five dogs, but were going to take all the cats. I knew the woman who came from the SPCA she searched for loopholes so she wouldn't have to take any of the animals, as they were all very very healthy. She couldn't find a loophole, but managed to allow us a hour and a half to relocate as many of our pets as we could. We only had five dogs re homed (very happily) through the SPCA, I saved my special cat, which I recieved when I was hospitalized. And my best friends cat, the both went to his parents house. I also saved my ex's Great Dane newfie, along with three other of the dogs. Like I said alot of pets, we breed small breed dogs, (NON PUPPY MILL) all healthy. I got to keep my seventeen year old Huskie/Sheltie cross, she lies comfortable on my floor as I type right now. However another tragedy struck, my best friends parents don't like me, and allowed my baby Terror, a tabby and white cat, to escape to the great outdoors, where she had never been, she is lost to me now, which is why I didn't want to get a new cat, but without them the rodent population increased, and mice give me the heebie jeebies, so I got Kitten.

I wanted to share this story because I hope it will help me overcome my sadness for Terror. I still look at the animal shelter for her regularly. I just hope that she was discovered and given a good home.
I also wanted people to know that not all animal seizures are because of abusive homes, sometimes it is just a matter of having a permit.
Please don't judge me, had i been home that day, that kitten would have been playing with me, or on its way to a new home. I was devistated, it took a great deal of councelling in order for me to get over it.

There is no need to respond, but if you have questions about animal seizures and what the SPCA is and is not allowed to do, I have alot of answers.
If you feel like bashing me, don't I do it regularly.
post #10 of 21

Welcome to TheCatSite Kitty
I am so glad that you have joined our wonderful community of caring people who love cats. Please make yourself at home.
post #11 of 21
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina y Milky te saludan!!!........
(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...)

See you on the forums!
post #12 of 21
You have no idea how comforting your message was, many people blame me for my aweful experience, but I couldn't do anything, I wasn't here. Thank you very much, and I hope that you and your pets live a long, happy and cuddly life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyCurledUp View Post
Darly,

I just saw this post and wanted to reply before turning in.

How unbelievably terrifying for you! I don't know how I would have gotten over an experience like that. Sending you good wishes and all the best. May you always find solace in the many animals that are in and will be in your life.
post #13 of 21
Hello and welcome to The Cat Site!
post #14 of 21
Hi and welcome to TCS! We are so glad you have joined us!

If I can help you with any questions you have about the site, please click on my username and send me a message.
post #15 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarLy View Post
I'm new on here. Cats aren't really my thing, lol I know thats aweful to say on a Cat forum, but I'm trying to figure out this whole cat thing. I love my kitten. Her name is Kitten, I know how original but she wont answer to anything else lol. I tried to name her Renna, but no response. She is 7 months old, and she is a piggy. She amazes me, she loves my dogs, and me. She is soooo cute. I will post pictures when I figure everything out.
welcome!
post #16 of 21
Hi! You have found the best cat site around!

We have a lot of support and advice to give here. Our members are always ready and willing to help you or just chat with you. We also have a game called KatKwiz (cat quiz), designed for newcomers just like yourself, which teaches you things about The Cat Site and also allows you to win lots of points. (It also teaches you what points are.) Just click on the here link below to learn more. Glad you decided to join us!
post #17 of 21


Welcome!!!! I know how you feel....We only had two cats when I joined this site. Little Stuart needed a home

I can't wait to hear more about your new additon and for some pictures! See you in the forums!
post #18 of 21
post #19 of 21
Thread Starter 
Btw our kitties are twins!! My Bonnie has the same coloring with similar markings!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya View Post


Welcome!!!! I know how you feel....We only had two cats when I joined this site. Little Stuart needed a home

I can't wait to hear more about your new additon and for some pictures! See you in the forums!
Thanks to all!

I'll post some pics soon -- probably not of the new addition for a while. Truth to tell, I have no idea how to turn the flash off on my camera and I don't want to spook him. His big sister, however, is used to it.
post #20 of 21

Hello & Welcome to the Cat Site!

Look forward to hearing more & seeing photos of your fuzzy babies!

Best Wishes! Enjoy the forums
post #21 of 21
Hello and Welcome to TCS neighborhood
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: New Cats on the Block
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › New Cats on the Block › Introduction