Bruce just jumped out of the window!

bruce&sheila

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was sitting at the computer by the window, and I jumped when a cat appeared outside the window (I work from home, upstairs, and the one-storey extension roof is just outside) - it was Bruce, and he's one of OUR (indoor) cats!

The little monkey must have got into the bathroom and jumped out of the window (which is small and high - he must have perched on the edge of the bath and launched himself into mid-air to get out).

I then opened the study window, which frightened him and he ran away and almost fell off the edge! Then started meowing piteously at me, bless him!

I tried to call him to the study window, and when he just carried on crying I began to climb out of the study window (it's quite big and low to the roof). Then luckily he decided to get back inside to safety, and jumped back in through the bathroom window again!

Phew - a big shock for both of us! He has had a big cuddle and is now fast asleep - and we will have to be much more careful about open windows this summer, now they are older and braver...

Bruce&Sheila

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow what a scare for both of you! my 2 indoor kitties love to sniff at any window that is slightly open and i'm always reminding the family to make sure they never open the windows too far.

thank goodness he came straight back in!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bruce&sheila

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We are lucky - if it had been his sister, Sheila, she'd have jumped and run without using her brain!

But Bruce has always been a thinker, sizing up the problem and looking before he leaps. You can almost see the cogs whirring between those Maine Coon ears with him!

He's now on my lap and purring - glad to be home safe and sound.

Bruce&Sheila

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucky he came back

Demetri was let out through a window by my nephew months ago, Demetri ran right to the front door and yelled to be let back inside again

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bruce&sheila

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Demetri sounds like one intelligent boy!

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, what time is the guy coming over to measure for screens?

That's one clever cat, though!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bruce&Sheila

But Bruce has always been a thinker, sizing up the problem and looking before he leaps. You can almost see the cogs whirring between those Maine Coon ears with him!

He's now on my lap and purring - glad to be home safe and sound.

Bruce&Sheila
It's that MC, all right
JC has pushed out a screen & happily jumped out a 2nd story window - I saw a blur fall outside the livingroom window, heard a "wwmmmff" and saw a poof of dust, with JC emerging, happily waving his feathery, MC tail - just soooo proud of himself