Poop Qestion-sorry 2 b gross!

ginava

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My 6 year old Gina occasionally poops on the living room carpet. Her stool when this happens is very hard and has a hairball in it. She has her own room, yes, really, and her own box and she usually uses it faithfully. She does have some struvite crystals but that doesnt affect poop, does it. Im wondering if it is a situation where it is hurting her to poop and she shuns her litter box. I will make sure to give her that hairball gel, she loves it anyways. She is behaving absolutely fine, eating as usual and seemingly happy. Sorry to post such a gross subject, but thought someone might have an idea.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
my Chip occasionally takes a dump on the bed
the cat attract has helped this behavior.

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely give her the gel - you're right that it's hard for her to go if it's hard and she'll avoid the box then, but ask the vet if there's some kind of real food (cats don't like fruit) that you can add to her meals, even a sprinkle of crushed bran flakes or something.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ginava

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
whats cat attract? I try to give her food with fiber and all, she eats pretty high quality food.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ginava

whats cat attract? I try to give her food with fiber and all, she eats pretty high quality food.
here's a link: Cat Attract. it's a litter or litter additive to make the box more attractive - hence the name.