The Mist Have You Seen It.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just watch the Mist this past weekend and was wondering who has seen it and what was your opinion.

In general I liked the movie but didn't really like the ending much.

How about you?

Actually I have another question also.

Do you think that they promote new movies to the extent that they can never meet our expectations of them?

I ask this question because I have seen several movies lately that haven't lived up to the hype bestowed upon them. It's kind of disappointing.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got it from Netflix last weekend. I liked the movie, but the ending was awful!

hurdyburdy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I haven't seen it.. but I remember reading it. I don't remember which book it was in though.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to see it, but the book left you hanging. For those of you that read the book and saw the movie, does it follow the book or like a lot of Stephen King movies, branch off into a whole new area?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

I want to see it, but the book left you hanging. For those of you that read the book and saw the movie, does it follow the book or like a lot of Stephen King movies, branch off into a whole new area?
It is pretty true to the book but it a little different..I don't want to give anything away..

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm watching it right now. I have about an hour left of it, which I'll finish tomorrow. So far I like it. It's a different movie that what I'm used to, but I like it.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, just watched it the other night. It was real weird. I liked it. The ending was pretty screwed up. I can't remember but did the book end like that?

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been hearing about it everywhere. I think it'll be the next one we get from blockbuster. We're a bit behind on movies. Just barely saw I am Legend on Friday.

As far as the other original question about movies being so promoted. I believe that they have been doing that more and more lately. You get all amped up about the newest "big hit" and you go to see it and they rarely ever seem to live up to the hype. The only ones that have lived up to my expectations was Transformers and I am Legend so far.

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It was close to the book. All except the ending, which was nothing like the book. Should have ended sooner then it did.

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I saw it when it came out in the movie theater. It was supposed to be a controversial and dramatic ending. Both my husband and I knew what was going to happen before hand. So it was not so dramatic of a surprise - and definitely not a happy ending. I would give this movie 3 stars out of 5. We left the theater a little disappointed.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finished the movie, and I was disappointed in the ending as I thought I would be. I thought the movie was great, it definitely kept me on the edge of my seat. But the ending could have been done a little better. I thought it was still an okay ending, but I thought it was sad. It also, to me, left questions that I wanted answered.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK I just finished watching this. I really liked the movie as it did follow the book to a point, but I totally hated the ending. They should have ended it before he did what he did. They could have made it a happy ending.