Olive's baby pictures!

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You asked for it. Here are Olive's babies!
This is the little Calico she was born before I woke up

The little silver or she might be blue...also born before I woke up

This is the only boy...he was also born before I woke up

This is the 4th born she gave Olive the most trouble that I know of. She pushed for about 20 minutes and was screaming the whole time.

This was the 5th born and came out very easily

Family pictures.

I can't leave out Sophie's babies. This is the look I get when I open their kennel/cage.

Hope you enjoyed!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I looked up the little calico's color and it seems she is a silver torbie. Any suggestions for names of these guys? I named the other litter so I want to give these little ones names as well.
And for comparison. Sophie and Olive are sisters and they both had torbie babies. For anyone who knows about genetics is it possible that Olive had this little torbie baby from a blue daddy? Or do you think it was from the red and white tom that I saw around here but didn't actually see mate with Olive?
Sophie's baby a couple hours old

Olive's baby a couple hours old

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AWWWW they're all so adorable!!
I just love the little calico one!

I can't help you out with any names.
I've found that it's almost impossible to name a kitten/cat, till after they develop a "purr"-sonality.

~KK~

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am not naming them their permanent names. Their new owners can change them to whatever they want when they adopt them. I just give them names from the beginning so I don't call them "the calico one" or something. My other litter was named at 2 days old.

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
lol she does doesn't she. I just realized number 5 is a silver torbie with white and not a silver tabby. She has little red spots all over her back and some on her legs.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The fourth one has beautiful markings around the eyes!!!! They are all so adorable!!!

x~tracey~x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are all beautifull!!well done.my cat is due soon she looks nowhere as big as your 2 girls did though!!,as for names im rubbish at names one of mine is called pooh bear!! Congratulations again they are way cute

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lindsey88

I looked up the little calico's color and it seems she is a silver torbie. Any suggestions for names of these guys? I named the other litter so I want to give these little ones names as well.
And for comparison. Sophie and Olive are sisters and they both had torbie babies. For anyone who knows about genetics is it possible that Olive had this little torbie baby from a blue daddy? Or do you think it was from the red and white tom that I saw around here but didn't actually see mate with Olive?
Nope - since Olive isnt a red cat - the father has to be a red cat in order to produce any cats with red.

It is possible that there were two fathers... but we know that the father of the torties are at least the red tom you spotted.

They are all adorable btw - cant wait to watch them grow!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

as for names... I always pick themed names. Like Bon Jovi songs, or bags of chips, candy bars... Irish words - lol Whatever you name them - have fun!

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well the only cat I saw mate with her and I actually did see him mate with her was the fluffy blue tom. I tried to chase the blue tom off but Olive and the blue tom ran under my house together and she was missing for 2 days. The red and white cat showed up after the fact and was quickly chased off by my dog. Perhaps the red tom mated with her first and then the blue tom got her....The father of Sophie's tortie has to be the blue longhaired tom since punky has long hair.

Kitten number 5 with the red spots appears to be a dilute as well. She looks like a blue silver tabby and the spots look cream if i'm not mistaken. Whoever the daddy is they are cute little babies and I love them.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well the only cat I saw mate with her and I actually did see him mate with her was the fluffy blue tom. I tried to chase the blue tom off but Olive and the blue tom ran under my house together and she was missing for 2 days. The red and white cat showed up after the fact and was quickly chased off by my dog. Perhaps the red tom mated with her first and then the blue tom got her....The father of Sophie's tortie has to be the blue longhaired tom since punky has long hair.

Kitten number 5 with the red spots appears to be a dilute as well. She looks like a blue silver tabby and the spots look cream if i'm not mistaken. Whoever the daddy is they are cute little babies and I love them.
It's a probability that the long-haired tom is the father to Sophie's litter, but not proof. The red-tom can still be the father, even though he is short-haired. Each parent only has to be a carrier of the recessive-long-hair gene in order to produce a long-hair. We know that Sophie is a carrier because she had a long-haired kitten. But I suspect, that because you dont have any red kittens, that the red tom is not the father... but that is just an assumption. Also... if the blue boy is the dad of Sophie's babies, then we can begin to assume that Sophie isnt a dilute carrier - because she didnt have any gray kittens. BUT again... another assumption. It would take more test mating to prove this... and of course we're not going to do that.. but I'm just playing around here.

Two long-hairs can ONLY produce long-hairs,
but two short hairs can produce both.

also

two grays can only produce gray,
but two blacks can produce either.

Make sense?

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lostmary

what if a gray and a siamese mated. what colors?
What color is the Siamese? Seal Point? Blue Point?

If the Siamese is a Seal Point, then the kittens can be black or gray or seal points or blue points.

If the Siamese is a blue point, then the kittens will be gray or blue point.

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is very interesting. I am very green at genetics. So it's not possible for a blue cat to be a "red carrier" and produce torbie kittens? Perhaps olive has a red spot hidden somewhere on her so she is a red carrier. I just didn't see that red cat get anywhere near her but maybe i'm wrong...

I used the kitten color predictor.
http://www.geocities.com/purrceptive.rm/catColor2.html

And it says black, blue, seal point, and blue point. That is if you mean a seal point siamese.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That is very interesting. I am very green at genetics. So it's not possible for a blue cat to be a "red carrier" and produce torbie kittens?
The red gene is what they call sex-liked. It sits on the X chromosome.

A male cat is XY

A female is XX

That is why we can get females with both red and black

and why a male is red or black

and also why red females are "statistically challenged" (needing a red gene from both parents).

My guess is there were two dads and Olive was just very discreet