too do or not too do?

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok we have been thinking for a while on moving too a new house....
well have more room and a back garden.......
so the idea is too make a pen thingy for the cats too stroll out of the cat fla into.......

but.. thats not the point..... misty has been very vocal and desperately playing with teaser who isnt interested

should i or should i nt get her a new little kitten friend?

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
milo came to us as a friend for my rb cat janet and they were best buddies. sadly janet crossed the bridge last october leaving 8 month old milo very lonely. we also have 8 year old tabitha, but she is not a particularly playful girl and she found milo's attention irritating to say the least.

so, a month after we lost janet, we adopted 4 month old shinobi. that was 5 months ago now and it was the best thing we could have done for both milo and tabby. the 2 kittens are great friends and spend alot of time playing and cuddling! as shinobi is such a placid soul, tabby is quite affectionate with him and they will often be found curled up next to eachother on our bed.

milo and tabbys relationship has improved also, as he is not the annoying little brother anymore. he still gets the occasional warning tap from her but they are far closer to eachother now too.

so i would say that if you have one very playful cat and one who doesn't want to know, then a new friend could be the answer. just bear in mind the younger the new cat, the more playful he/she is likely to be.

good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
im going too go for it....!

would you believe for a moggy moggy people want 40-90 pound

the rescue places have no kittens an its a kitten i need really too lay with misty at young age

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yay!
so exciting to be getting a new kitty.

i'm amazed that the centers have no kittens, we got shinobi from our local one and they were inundated at the time. anything from 4 weeks to a year old. maybe if you wait a few weeks those cute little £90 bundles will be in the rescue centers. sadly that is the case for so many of them, apparently when they are over 3 months they aren't cute enough to pay for.

and you are right about the price, we paid £60 for milo. i saw dsh's going for anything up to £150!

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
its completely crazy...
mistys owner got rid of her due too having a baby.....:/
we paid 30 for her wich wasnt too bad!
the kittens here are going like hotcakes........
completely stupid!
if you come across any give me a PM i may need too travel a few miles lol!

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know there's a kitten shortage in Edinburgh as well, that's why I ended up getting a purebred cat since I knew my kitty would have to be indoors and I don't think it's fair adopting an older outdoor cat and then shutting them inside.

I wouldn't worry about the money though, after a year it's less than 10 pounds a month! and the shelters need all the money they can get to take care of the cats they have.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pixietina

Ok we have been thinking for a while on moving too a new house....
well have more room and a back garden.......
so the idea is too make a pen thingy for the cats too stroll out of the cat fla into.......
that's kind of the idea am after. well, at the moment none of my girl's go outside, since the other night. am currently deciding on whether to get a cage or a shed, for them to go out of a cat flap into.

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
hehe it was you i got the idea off silly :p
hmm cant get on msn or PM via TCS :O odd ....