I don't understand some parents

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My 8 year old nephew killed their pet bunny by crushing it with the sliding door (you can guess how) Guess what his parents did? They bought another pair of bunnies.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my!
They bought another pair of bunnies after that? What was their reaction to the incident when it happened?

What a strange way to repair the damage...

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

My 8 year old nephew killed their pet bunny by crushing it with the sliding door (you can guess how) Guess what his parents did? They bought another pair of bunnies.
That is horrible, if I were you, I would be very careful with my pets when he came around your house.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did he do this on purpose? If so, that's just disgraceful and disgusting and a definite sign that your nephew should be put into check on what he watches on TV. He should also only have one of those robot pets.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Did he do this on purpose? If so, that's just disgraceful and disgusting and a definite sign that your nephew should be put into check on what he watches on TV. He should also only have one of those robot pets.
Maybe it was an accident and his parents just wanted to make him feel better by getting him another rabbit (2?). Anyway, even if that is the case, it doesn't sound like your nephew is ready for a pet. That's IMO.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was it not an accident? I know a child that killed their pet gerbil and got another. The gerbil escaped and the kid searched for them in their room, they looked under the bed, lifted up the toy box and as they laid the toy box down they accidentally smashed the gerbil. The kid was traumatized!!

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it was an accident, the child is not read to be a pet owner.

If it was on purpose, the child needs serious counseling beyond what can probably be oupatient. the child should never be left alone with any pets or children - ever.