Homework avoidance

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the thread that I'm creating with the purpose of avoiding writing an essay. It's the last essay of the season (before exams) and I'm Sooooooooooooo uninspired!
I know I know....just do it....but I think I should get 100% just for being me! Someday I'll be uber cool and not have to stay home doing homework on a Saturday night....just 1 1/2 years more!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm here avoiding homework, too. I have a relative amount of time to get it done, at least!

How can we help inspire you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol
well, I know it sounds like highschool work...but we had to make a "banner" depicting the elements of our lifestyle (work, family, peers, and leisure interests). It had this big presentation thing connected to it. Now I'm having to write an essay about how psychosocial writers view those elements of leisure....like benefit theories on leisure.
I've just written way too many essays this season and I'm sick of it!
I'll get off my butt and work on it some more in a few. I know once I actually get the readings done and start the work it wont be so much time, and I'll be glad to have it done, because Monday is going to be a very productive day (I'm applying to 3 jobs and handing in the essay...we also get a take home exam in statistics that day...due a week later :p)

Sooo ready to be in my career and working!

What are YOU avoiding?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tell me about it. I was planning to graduate this spring, but even with the help of 2 tutors I'm not going to be able to pass Accounting II & even if I do, I won't understand it. So, I'm taking either Accounting II again this summer, or next fall.
De-motivated a person!

I'm avoiding the preparation questions for a 5-7 minute speech I have to give on the benefits/drawbacks of pet ownership.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sylorna

Lol
well, I know it sounds like highschool work...but we had to make a "banner" depicting the elements of our lifestyle (work, family, peers, and leisure interests). It had this big presentation thing connected to it. Now I'm having to write an essay about how psychosocial writers view those elements of leisure....like benefit theories on leisure.
I've just written way too many essays this season and I'm sick of it!
I'll get off my butt and work on it some more in a few. I know once I actually get the readings done and start the work it wont be so much time, and I'll be glad to have it done, because Monday is going to be a very productive day (I'm applying to 3 jobs and handing in the essay...we also get a take home exam in statistics that day...due a week later :p)

Sooo ready to be in my career and working!

What are YOU avoiding?
I am TOTALLY avoiding writing this review for a cookbook which I should have to the editor by Wed. My goal for submission is Mon. Problem is, the cookbook is not very good. I need to say some good things about it because I did find 2 good recipes. I am searching for those words right now with a glass of wine that was not paired with any meal in the book.

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Tell me about it. I was planning to graduate this spring, but even with the help of 2 tutors I'm not going to be able to pass Accounting II & even if I do, I won't understand it. So, I'm taking either Accounting II again this summer, or next fall.
De-motivated a person!

I'm avoiding the preparation questions for a 5-7 minute speech I have to give on the benefits/drawbacks of pet ownership.
I'll be taking some summer classes too. I'm currently taking qualitative statistics and will be taking quantitative stats because I suck at qualitative. I'm also taking developmental psychology and an advanced sociology of leisure course to help myself graduate early. I hope it all goes ok, it's my first year taking summer courses.

Originally Posted by butzie

I am TOTALLY avoiding writing this review for a cookbook which I should have to the editor by Wed. My goal for submission is Mon. Problem is, the cookbook is not very good. I need to say some good things about it because I did find 2 good recipes. I am searching for those words right now with a glass of wine that was not paired with any meal in the book.
Wine...Wine is a good idea! I have margarita mix in the freezer if anyone wants to join me for a drink lol. Maybe if I can get this written i'll have a party for one

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sylorna

I'll be taking some summer classes too. I'm currently taking qualitative statistics and will be taking quantitative stats because I suck at qualitative. I'm also taking developmental psychology and an advanced sociology of leisure course to help myself graduate early. I hope it all goes ok, it's my first year taking summer courses.

Wine...Wine is a good idea! I have margarita mix in the freezer if anyone wants to join me for a drink lol. Maybe if I can get this written i'll have a party for one
I'll bring the corkscrew if you bring the blender! I took qualitative and quantitative statistics. For me, there is nothing qualitative about stats but they sure do help you in that quantitative part. Statistically, those of us who think that statistics are a game of chance do better at exams than those who obsess about them.

They say that actuaries are some of the most satisfied persons in their careers. I guess if the shoe fits the statistical size, buy it.

I admire statisticians. Really.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Those subjects sound much better than writing documentation on the new coding standards I'm supposed to be completing. If there was ever a time where I could fall asleep typing.....

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
coding? like for a transcription? Sorry if it's not...but we just did a whole thing on coding in class and it was a-noy-ing!

I appreciate the stats jokes...always up for a pun or two!

The stats are so that I can write a thesis next year and in a masters program if I choose. I figure it's better to have both under my belt, so I can know for sure what I'm best at.

Is it me, or is researching eco friendly cat litters REALLY fascinating all of the sudden?

My fish tank sure is hypnotic...

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm making the puppy chase her tail rather than doing homework.
If I get really bored, I can get all 3 dogs to chase each other's tails!

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ummmm....that also sounds like fun! My cats will be quiet for another hour or two...until the witching hour lol.

what's it like having a dog? In comparison to cats that is....I've never had one, but I have the feeling that I will someday (I like them enough, and I keep on dating "dog" guys).

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh it's fun....sometimes. The puppy will never housetrain, because of breed & coming from a puppy mill (I "inherited" this puppy). The big girls are pretty lazy, I like lazy. I'll always prefer senior dogs/cats....because I'm not into puppies/kittens.

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
really? what do you do with a dog that can't be house trained? I didn't know puppy mills could have that effect, although it does make sense.

What kind of dog do you have?

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Put me down for another one who is avoiding homework.

To my credit, I have finished my two lab reports that are overdue but since I was in court, my teacher let me have an extension. He's such a nice guy!

Now I am working on my statistics problems. I liked Stats last year when I had a teacher who was very thorough and then let us work on our problems ourselves, compared to this level where the teacher just rambles on and its all the same stuff I heard last year.

Then I have to read my biological chemistry notes from the class I missed, due to court.

Hopefully this week, I will be caught up.

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh man, that's some hard stuff you have there!
I highly suggest making fruit salad as an avoidance option...it's yummy and healthy

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The stats is now done. For now anyway.
I am still debating on whether I should do my analytical chemistry calculations rather than my biochem notes. Hmm.

Or I could just drop it for the rest of the day and read my new Jodi Picoult book!

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still doing readings before doing my essay...not really sure why though, mostly because the professor suggested it :p
Watermelon and grapes are good though

I'd love to switch books right now! I'm currently reading "stranger in a strange land"...it's alright, I'm reading it because my dad really wanted me to and it appeals to some of my readings likes.
tomorrow I'm going to bring the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy over to my boyfriends house though. He doesn't read enough, and it's my FAVOURITE book...so I figured we could read it to each other

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

I'll bring the corkscrew if you bring the blender! I took qualitative and quantitative statistics. For me, there is nothing qualitative about stats but they sure do help you in that quantitative part. Statistically, those of us who think that statistics are a game of chance do better at exams than those who obsess about them.

They say that actuaries are some of the most satisfied persons in their careers. I guess if the shoe fits the statistical size, buy it.

I admire statisticians. Really.
Ok, I have NO idea what you just said, but I'm up for Margaritas!