nature's Miracle

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, so I got some Nature's Miracle to clean up some cat barf stains on the carpet. However, it says to keep your cat off the area until it dries, and that it can take up to two weeks to dry. So, how do I keep them off it for two weeks while the stuff dries? What else can I use to get rid of the stains?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm - I've never had a problem with it - I use it all the time. Cats never are sick by walking on the spot. I honestly don't really worry about it.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never had a problem with that. But DH and I step in the soaked spot invariably.
Nothing like nature's miracle in your socks.

I always use Nature's Miracle to clean barf spots. We also have a Dirt Devil Spot Scrubber for cleaning them up.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh tell me about that - I wind up doing that a lot - and having to go and change socks. Its even more fun if it happens about the time you should be leaving for work!

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I have a spot I really really have to soak, I put a plastic runner over it til it dries. I got them from Ace Hardware - they're the clear plastic kind you put on stairs or hallways and can be cut to the foot. Came in very handy with litter box issues as well. Sure, not really pretty......

shashagirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I usually put a basket over spots I've just cleaned for a couple of days. Is the Dirt Devil pretty good? I may get one.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got the Spot Bot - it's really pretty good for spot cleaning. Look for coupons at Bed Bath & Beyond on any of these types of things - Linens & Things will trade coupons, and Ace usually honors them as well.

What I'd like is to own one of those rental cleaners you get at the grocery store.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

We have a Dirt Devil - its ok, but not the best. We will be looking into the Eureka vacuums soon.
We have a Eureka The Boss 4870 Vacuum, I love it.

A Dirt Devil Spot Scrubber Carpet Cleaner-- great for little cleaning jobs like cat barf.

And Hoover Steamvac full size upright carpet cleaner.

I almost forgot my Dustbuster. it's the cheapie $15 one, but works great for me.

We're prepared for any mess the cats throw at us.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How's that Hoover Steamvac - I'm getting close to buying something, but I know I can't afford buying the kind they rent over at the grocery stores and Ace. Thanks

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by darlili

How's that Hoover Steamvac - I'm getting close to buying something, but I know I can't afford buying the kind they rent over at the grocery stores and Ace. Thanks
We bought it in 2000/2001 and it's still going strong. Ours was a higher model, I think it was $300-$400 at the time. Most of the carpet cleaners have come down in price since then, too.

The nice thing is, they have a few different models in different price ranges.
I just checked Target.com and there's even a $99.99 model. We've used it to clean many an apartment on or before moving our stuff in. You would be amazed at how gross some apartments carpets can be.