ASPCA Day!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thursday, April 10th is ASPCA Day!
Since their official color is orange, they are asking people to show their orange colors in honor of the animals on that day! This is such a widespread event, New York City's Empire State Building is even going to light up orange in celebration, isn't that great! So, everyone be sure to wear orange Thursday! Let's support all of these precious little ones!

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so wonderful!
I don't think I own anything orange though.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisalee

That's so wonderful!
I don't think I own anything orange though.

I think the only things I have that are orange are Tony Stewart (The Home Depot sponsors him) and Denver Broncos. But I'll find something, even if I have to pin a piece of paper to my shirt!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think I have anything orange but I will find something! I know I am in NZ but I can still support youse!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for letting us know Stephanie.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, that is wonderful! Even though I am in the other side of the world, I'll spread the word!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fantastic, you guys!
I don't have anything orange either, it's just not a color I prefer to wear. It's interesting how many of us agree on that! I do have a coral top, sort of orangish, and I believe it will do nicely.

Heidi, you have such a clever idea there! Imagine people everywhere walking around with an orange piece of paper pinned to their shirt this Thursday

Here's the link to the ASPCA's page about their special day if you guys want to check it out...http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=aspcaday

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm wearing an orange vest top today! And I have ginger hair - horror of horrors!

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's cool! No problem for me - I'm a Mets fan, and the colors are orange and blue, so I have plenty of orange.

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't have anything orange to wear... wait, Sarah has orange in her
but I'll spread the word

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yay for so many participants today!
You guys had quite an idea there, I didn't think about I could have carried Sierra around all day! Alternately, I could have just worn my black pants which always seem to show plenty of ginger hair

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, weird! There was a huge campaign on campus Wed/Thurs to bring awareness to AIDS orphans and 5,000 students (~10%) were wearing bright orange shirts and there were signs everywhere saying "Do You See Orange?". I think they were supposed to represent 5% of the children orphaned by AIDS in subsaharan Africa, but someone else said it was the same percentage of campus as the percentage of children who are orphaned.... anyway! That is an odd coincidence, I guess yesterday was orange day for everyone.