My cat thinks he is trying out for the Olympics

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a cat, Seldon, who is 1 and a half. He is the comedian of the bunch. He talks constantly. He even meows hello. He is always communicating. The other day when he was hungry in between meals he went up to my ex husband and yelled at him. He follows me everywhere.
Recently he has been doing this thing where he runs, jumps over the table, leaps up on the couch, doubles around runs around a chair and the leaps over a magazine rack.
It seems ok but he does it like 5 or 6 times in a row going faster and faster. Then he stops lays down, licks himself and rests. He has been doing this for a week straight.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And I just love watching them!

When my 5 orphans were that age, I had quite an "Olympic" team! My living room became their gym.

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sounds adorable.

One of my cats does something like that, but to a lesser extent. She just kind of does a "jump kick" on the wall when she turns a corner. Quite a talker, as well.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shark often has her mad moments where she will literally scale the walls!
After that she jumps on her radiator bed and falls asleep....

And Arwen..she will just chase her tail, round and round in circles, then bite down on it as though it is rather tasty!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I can just visualize them.
I can turn off the tv and just watch them for entertainment.
I love watching them when they don't think I am watching them.

The other thing they love is to jump on a blanket and have my daughter drag them around the house.
My Olympian will jump off and then chase the blanket and pounce. Tickles me every time.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Ollie practices for the kitty olympics alot! He balances his 15 pound self (all four feet) on the arm rest of my desk chair, then "dismounts" gracefully haha... he also "vaults" from my desk or his litterbox cabinet to the bed

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10

Ollie practices for the kitty olympics alot! He balances his 15 pound self (all four feet) on the arm rest of my desk chair, then "dismounts" gracefully haha... he also "vaults" from my desk or his litterbox cabinet to the bed
Now that is one big tomcat with catitude!

Dainty Butzie only practices for the Olympics outside. Her favorite event is bouncing off the side of the house. She got silver last time and she is going for the gold next time.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Originally Posted by butzie

Now that is one big tomcat with catitude!
He truly is! Haha, he's seriously built like a male gymnast - all big and buff (he's a very big built cat - mostly muscle lol, right in his correct weight range) but graceful and strong lol... he occasionally does some aerial flips too when we're playing with the fishing rod toys.... he could also probably be a sprinter on the track team after he poos lol oh! or a hurdler - he's always jumping over my sleeping 14 year old black lab!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oliver is such a beautiful cat. I would love to snuggle him and give him chin scritches.
My RB cat, Fred had a mean Olympic bladder dive. He tried to teach several of the others, but they just never caught on. I was glad, too, the one he was trying hardest to teach, Leo, also now passed to the Bridge, was 22 lbs. Little 8 lb Fred was enough to have land on your bladder at 7a.m.

meezersmom2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Quincy, when he was a young cat, used to climb atop the backs of our diningroom chairs and balance there, quite often--(which we called his "acrobatics". Now that he's older and many pounds heavier, he doesn't try this stunt anymore. But he and little brother, Quasar, could try out for the 60-yard dash, the way they tear around the house after one another, it sounds like a herd of elephants!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CC12

I have a cat, Seldon, who is 1 and a half. He is the comedian of the bunch. He talks constantly. He even meows hello. He is always communicating. The other day when he was hungry in between meals he went up to my ex husband and yelled at him. He follows me everywhere.
Recently he has been doing this thing where he runs, jumps over the table, leaps up on the couch, doubles around runs around a chair and the leaps over a magazine rack.
It seems ok but he does it like 5 or 6 times in a row going faster and faster. Then he stops lays down, licks himself and rests. He has been doing this for a week straight.
Just curious...is there a certain time of the day he does this?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Different times of the day. Sometimes early morning, sometimes afternoons and evenings. There is no pattern. I have tried to figure it out.
Now Mary the 3 year old is getting in on it. The past two days she has been running and chasing him finishing with a leap over my shoulder onto the back of the sofa.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just wondered if we were talking about "the 10 p.m. crazies."

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My indoor kitties do the "flat dash" several times a day...in order to prevent the 10PM crazies we often have a play session with the laser pointer, da bird, or the catfisher right before bed.