Awwww so cute!!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We were babysitting for our neighbours tonight (actually we were mission control - we were at one neighbours, and had the baby monitors for 2 other couples in our building
). The 2 babies were asleep, but we were actually entertaining the 3 year old.

She was getting tired and was curled up in a chair with a blanket and she kept saying she wanted something that sounded like "noname". We were just saying "yep, sure" because we had no idea what she was saying. I said to her that I didn't know what she wanted, and she would have to show me. She sat back in her chair, then after a minute came and sat with us.

When her parents got home, I said the word she'd been trying to tell us. They're from the Dominican Republic, and the father said "was it blah maybe?". I don't know how it's written, but apparently it's the equivalent word for cuddle. She was saying she wanted a cuddle, and we were pretty much ignoring her. She mostly speaks in English, so we didn't realise it was a Spanish word. She's generally pretty shy, so DH and I are so chuffed that she was trying to say she wanted a cuddle

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, you had a busy evening! What a smart little girl to go and sit with you guys to let you know that she meant "cuddle". That is so sweet! You're going to be a wonderful Mommy and your children will be blessed to have you as their Mom