Cheapskates

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a box of Cereal today and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say the name so I won't. (think rabbits) Anyway, the cereal bits used to come in shapes. Now they're nothing but plain little round balls. Pay and arm and a leg for some cereal and they can't even make it interesting anymore.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why wouldn't you be able to say the name?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was told that you can't post negative things about a company or whatever in case someone would see it that could hold TCS responsible.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They used to be little balls a long time ago, when I was young and beautiful.

I like them better as balls, they're easier to eat than when they were fruit shaped.The yellow ones (were they supposed to be bananas or lemons?) were especially pokey.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Going Nova

They used to be little balls a long time ago, when I was young and beautiful.
i don't remember fruit shapes... of course, that wasn't a cereal i bought. i prefer the 'lucky marshmellow' cereal w/the irish mascot... when i'm buying what i call 'kid cereal'.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't had that cereal in a long time, but wasn't it always round balls?

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

I bought a box of Cereal today and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say the name so I won't. (think rabbits) Anyway, the cereal bits used to come in shapes. Now they're nothing but plain little round balls. Pay and arm and a leg for some cereal and they can't even make it interesting anymore.
I remember the shapes..they were fruit shapes!!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just now discovered that Trix now comes in little round balls... I was also disapointed! No fun to look at! The yellow ones are lemon by the way...

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So this is a little like New Coke? They changed the shapes, then changed back, and I never even noticed?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

I didn't know that it ever came in fruit shapes.

I like Captain Crunch better anyway.
I've never had Trix cereal. But I do love Captain Crunch! I don't buy it often because it's one of those things that if it's in the house that's all I'll eat until the box is gone!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

I bought a box of Cereal today and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say the name so I won't. (think rabbits)
Who says you can't use the name? This sounds like a good KatKwiz question to me and I know the answer.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Who says you can't use the name?
Often website owners don't allow product names as they can get sued for defamation.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i know a pun/joke about Trix... well, actually, playing off of their tag line.

a rabbi went to visit a people known as Trids. he was quite concerned about their habit of disappearing for hours a day, altho they always returned in the best of moods. finally, one day, he followed them. he found they went to visit a giant who lived miles away. they called out, "Giant, oh, Giant", at which point the giant would lumber from his cave. the Trids would line up in front of the giant, who proceeded to kick them, sending them flying. this was evidently quite fun, as they would line up time & time again, until the giant was tired of kicking them. at this point, they scampered merrily back home.
after witnessing their joy, the rabbi decided to give this activity a try for himself. he called out, "Giant, oh, Giant", & the giant came out - looked around, didn't see any Trids, & returned to his cave. disheartened, the rabbi called again, "Giant, oh, Giant", only to experience the same thing - the giant came out, looked around, then returned to his cave. a 3rd time the rabbi made the call - "Giant, oh, Giant". the giant came out, looked around, & started to return, when the rabbi stopped him. "Giant, why are you leaving? i wish for you to kick me!" the giant looked at him, sighed, and said...
."Silly, rabbi - kicks are for Trids!"
you may now groan at your leisure!
[i know bunches of these!]

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't remember the shaped version of Trix either.

Just to clarify...

Something like this wouldn't be a problem naming name brands. It's not something that would ever end up in court. I know court cases have gotten pretty frivolous, but I don't think you would sue because a cereal isn't as fun anymore.

Where the issues come are when there are serious complaints that could end up in a court case. Allegations that are serious in nature, and that big companies wouldn't want made in public and could, theoretically, bring the website, site owner, and even moderators (as well as the poster(s) themselves) to court over. It's happened. Unfortunately.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last time I had it they were fruit shaped. But I rarely eat cereal, so that was awhile ago. I wonder when they changed it back to the little round balls?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ClaireBear

The last time I had it they were fruit shaped. But I rarely eat cereal, so that was awhile ago. I wonder when they changed it back to the little round balls?
according to wikipedia, it started round in 1954, changed to shaped in 1992, & back to round in 2007.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I liked the funny shapes, we used to stuff them up our nostrils as kids.
That won't work so well with round balls!
(I did A LOT of stupid things as a kid)