First Robin of The Season

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It looks like the robins have finally returned to cottage country. I saw two this morning on my way to work..
Also there are 14 Canada Geese in the little bay behind my house and several Mallard Ducks..
I love when the birds and other smaller animals start to return in the spring..
I will know winter is completely over when I see my first Chipmunk..

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes, spring has come here as well!! It has been freezing at night, but so far, some of the fruit trees have made it. My friend lost his asian pears and I think that my nectarine trees have taken a bad hit, but we're still hoping for black cherries!!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My excitement for spring is when I see the beautiful red winged blackbirds and I've seen dozens this past week on my way to and from work. I love those little critters.

I feel bad for them though, we still have so much snow and ice in the areas they like to nest. I had to take snow off my car this morning. I'm hoping this will be the very last snow.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah I've been seeing robins for a while now. There's also a red wing blackbird that perches in a tree in are back yard and sings. Robins crack me up though because they're so dang fat.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Down here, our truly "spring bird" is the scissortail flycatcher. Just saw the first ones this week, so we almost certainly will not have another significant cold snap.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Down here, our truly "spring bird" is the scissortail flycatcher. Just saw the first ones this week, so we almost certainly will not have another significant cold snap.
I had never heard of this bird and just googled it. What a pretty bird it is.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, the Robin is my sign that spring has sprung! I saw my first one yesterday! Also, those fuzzy black and brown caterpillars.