Litter box face

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do your cat's get a certain look on their face when they go to the bathroom. Popsie get's all squinty eyed like he's content to be peeing.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
LMAO cute! Capone does that too. Capone likes company when he goes to the little box. He will start meowing when he is in the litter room, ill go see whatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s wrong, he will look at me and purr then jump in the box and do his thing lol. My bf always laughs at me and tells me I spoil him too much. If he likes company who am I to deny him?
He gets really concentrated, his eyes will get a little squinty LOL. Well geez you know youâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]re a cat lover when you remember their litter face and think its cute!

creativgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't say I've noticed a "litter box face," but boy, do they give me the "Hey, do you mind?" face if I happen to walk past while they're using the box. These are the same cats who *must* follow me into the bathroom every time I'm in there, but heaven forbid I need to go from my bedroom to the living room or vice versa while they're in the litter box (it's set up in my coat closet).

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
95% of the time, I can tell what Oliver is "doing" by the look on his face! His basement box is a covered one and the one in my room is an open box but is in a litter box cabinet, most of the time he likes to have his head out the door while he's going... if it's just a "ho-hum la de da" face, it's number 1... if he squints his eyes and squishes his nose, it's number 2 (which is also easily distinguished by the massive amounts of digging and smell afterwards!)

audrey_

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
LOL! That's so true!
My little Gracie kitten settles herself down and a look of utter determination and concentration comes across her face!
My older cat, Noelle, on the other hand, gives me more of the "What on earth do you think you're doing in my bathroom look"!

onyxx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dont know about a 'certain look' but I always know when Dudes going to use the litter box - about 5 seconds after I've cleaned it

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so funny!!! Larry does that too!!! It's that concentration that's so funny. He stares off into space, but his facial expression is so funny!

eliot'smom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Onyxx

Dont know about a 'certain look' but I always know when Dudes going to use the litter box - about 5 seconds after I've cleaned it
LOL so true! I sometimes thinks he holds it because he knows I am going to clean the box soon!

I have a covered litter box, so I don't really know what his litter box face is, but I do know when he has had a satisfying #2, because he tears around the house like a bat out of hell afterwards!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Eliot'sMom

but I do know when he has had a satisfying #2, because he tears around the house like a bat out of hell afterwards!
Popsie does that too.
In fact last night when I went to bed I heard him tearing around and thought "well he musta just went poo"

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mojo's expression isn't when she's going, it's as soon as I take the cover off the box to scoop, she rushes over with the look of "But I really gotta go NOW!" Nevermind that this can be just minutes after she's used another box...

Ginger always has to have her front feet up on the doorway of the covered box when she poo's. If she pees, she can be all the way in. But yeah, she does kinda get squinty eyed too.