*****KatKwiz! - April 4 - You'll love this one!*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The KatKwery word for yesterday was background. Here are some beautiful backgrounds, by the way. Since nobody used the word yesterday, today the word will be worth 1400 points. http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...ckground+siggy

I have been single most of my life. According to general perception, How many cats would I have to have to be gay___(number here)________
AND pm me your proof.

(I have been called gay all my life for my love of cats.)

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
View Poll Results: Amount of cats = gay?
One 0 0%
Two 8 34.78%
Three 3 13.04%
Four 1 4.35%
Five 10 43.48%
Any cats = gay. 1 4.35%

I have been single most of my life. According to general perception, How many cats would I have to have to be gay___FIVE________ AND pm me your proof.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Five?

Wow, Silvionc, that was super fast!!! And I've been watching for the KatKwix to come out too!

Well... on to the Kwery

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a very good frined that lives in Seattle that would be very upset by this discrimination. He is a huge animal lover and has a houseful of cats and ferrets.

Too bad people sterotype like this. Having respect for other creatures (and being single) does not make you gay or determine your sexuality!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I might have to challange your answer... After finding it hard to believe the poll... I read through the whole post. It appears that the vocal majority think it is ok to have an unlimited number of cats without predicting sexuality.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

I have a very good frined that lives in Seattle that would be very upset by this discrimination. He is a huge animal lover and has a houseful of cats and ferrets.

Too bad people sterotype like this. Having respect for other creatures (and being single) does not make you gay or determine your sexuality!
Wait a minute! You may have just used the KatKwery word and not received credit.

Well, I have a problem here. I was looking into new ways of running KatKwiz and the way I MEANT for the question to read was fill in the blank with a number (in this case, 5) AND pm me on how you found this information. This would have resulted in virtually all the numbers being chosen and would have resulted in a more fun way of conducting the contest so that as soon as somebody answers the contest is not over. My problem here is we have a brand new member with only 40 posts who answered first and I can see how she could have easily read into my question the answer she gave. And look at ME, assuming it was a she, well, I have another poll...
OK, she did not PM me, and you did. So I can do one of the following: (Here's a poll of my own)

Give the first person 2,000 points
Give you 2,000 points points
Give both of you 1,000 points
Give both of you 2,000 points. (although it looks like it, I do not have unlimited points - the SuperKwery Bowl is coming.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I was looking into new ways of running KatKwiz and the way I MEANT for the question to read was fill in the blank with a number (in this case, 5) AND pm me on how you found this information. she did not PM me, and you did. So I can do one of the following: (Here's a poll of my own)

Give the first person 2,000 points
Give you 2,000 points points
Give both of you 1,000 points
Give both of you 2,000 points.
I say give him/her the points - I have won my fair share of contests already this month.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silvionc

View Poll Results: Amount of cats = gay?
One 0 0%
Two 8 34.78%
Three 3 13.04%
Four 1 4.35%
Five 10 43.48%
Any cats = gay. 1 4.35%

I have been single most of my life. According to general perception, How many cats would I have to have to be gay___FIVE________ AND pm me your proof.
You should have just answered me 5, and pm'd to me wait, you know what a pm is? Probably not, so you get the 2,000 points! So, you go from 70 to 2,070. Wow, not bad.

Congratulations!!
First time winner, too! AND you are eligible for 1,400 points more in KatKwery!

Here is what you should have sent to me: http://thecatsite.com/forums/showthr...=poll+gay+cats

KatKwery 1400 points today
Do you think polls like this mean anything? Why or why not? Specifically, if I am a single male and have cats, am I more likely to be gay?

I will go first today. I think the fact that I am one of the 5% men on this site could mean I'm gay but it could also mean something else. How about the fact that I am also a member of an animal rights group that is also 95% female? What would these two things have in common? I would say compassion. Are women just by nature more compassionate than men? How about another fact that shows the vast majority of vegetarians are women? (I am also vegetarian.) Think this might have something to do with compassion? And if that is the KatKwery word of the day, who knows?

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think polls like that are accurate because people are just speculating. If a man is single and has cats it doesn't necessarily mean he's gay. It just means he likes animals. People are too quick to judge these days.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t think that if you have and/or love animals it would make you gay. I believe society makes it seem that way. Just like the way society deems skinny women more attractive then thicker women…this is so not true… or since we have a thread on Pitt Bull dangers, are they really all that dangerous? No, it just seems that way because thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s what society implies. For some reason if a male shows any type of emotion they are deemed gay. Though that is changing in small ways with each new generation.
I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t think polls like that are all that accurate, but they are fun nonetheless. Its always interesting to see other peoples opinions.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Polls are more fun then accurate...Men can love cats just as much as women can. A man loving a cat does not deem him gay - a man who can love a cat shows he cares
That is awesome that there are male cat lovers out there! The world needs more of them

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you are right... the one thing owning (more truly: taking care of/loving) an animal and being compassionate and kind enough to join a site like this to learn more about their beloved pet and/or volunteering in an animal shelter (or your daughter's softball league for that matter - any charity) has in common is compassion.

Having a little benevolence could go a long way in this world. I dont think it is fair to pigeonhole a guy just because he shows a little humanity. That is a form of discrimination. People are stereotyped all the time.

Women may instinctively be more nurturing than men - by nature... but that doesnt make an affectionate man gay. Huskies are sled dogs by nature.... but are all Huskies sledders?

Dont judge a book by it cover!

tutti_bella

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I participate in polls all the time just to see what the general consensus is regarding certain matter. It could be accurate but most of the time, I find myself answering to *others* since the given answers doesn't really match what I have in mind.

And regarding being a single male being owned by a cat or two or three or more, I think that is not gay at all. I have a really good gay friend in the city and he has three dogs, a doberman, a german shepard and wel,l a pomeranian, and he does show off his pomeranian more ... lol ..

I think men who has cats are really SEXY! And to think that the guy spend a lot of time stroking and petting his pussy cat, giving her loads of attention means he must be really awesome in other ways too.

Of course, I have to think about a single guy who pets and strokes and really affectionate to his male cat ... LOL! That might indicate something ....

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tutti_bella

I participate in polls all the time just to see what the general consensus is regarding certain matter. It could be accurate but most of the time, I find myself answering to *others* since the given answers doesn't really match what I have in mind.

And regarding being a single male being owned by a cat or two or three or more, I think that is not gay at all. I have a really good gay friend in the city and he has three dogs, a doberman, a german shepard and wel,l a pomeranian, and he does show off his pomeranian more ... lol ..

I think men who has cats are really SEXY! And to think that the guy spend a lot of time stroking and petting his pussy cat, giving her loads of attention means he must be really awesome in other ways too.

Of course, I have to think about a single guy who pets and strokes and really affectionate to his male cat ... LOL! That might indicate something ....
Okay, I about died laughing while reading that!!

In my opinion, a poll is not completly accurate unless it is complete by everyone! So if you sent the poll to everyone on this site, maybe it would be close to accurate! I maybe a little sterotypical too, I met a guy one day and he was wearing a pinky ring and eye liner, the first words out of my mouth are "are you gay?" I was right, but still, should have kept my trap shut!
But I did get the fun of hooking him up with my best guy friend!

I have many guy friends who are as straight as can be that have a variety of different animals! I think its the whole, men & Hunting thing that makes people believe that a man can't love an animal enough to keep it in his home! Just not true I say! Everyone is different though!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

In my opinion, a poll is not completly accurate unless
The other thing that must be considered is the poll did not offer the readers the options of choosing

E: none of the above, just because a single man owns cats, does not mean he's gay.

A lot of the readers did not participate in the poll skewing the statistic. They did however voice their opinion as a "write in" and the vocal majority stated the number of cats a single man can own is unlimited, that owning a cat did not determine his sexual preference, and they shouldnt be typecast or labeled as such.

Tenderness in a man is sexy. If a little tenderness makes a man gay - give me a gay man anyday!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The other thing that must be considered is the poll did not offer the readers the options of choosing

E: none of the above, just because a single man owns cats, does not mean he's gay.

A lot of the readers did not participate in the poll skewing the statistic. They did however voice their opinion as a "write in" and the vocal majority stated the number of cats a single man can own is unlimited, that owning a cat did not determine his sexual preference, and they shouldnt be typecast or labeled as such.

Tenderness in a man is sexy. If a little tenderness makes a man gay - give me a gay man anyday!
On the other hand, just because I mention DW from time to time does not rule me out as gay. Since I have yet to see anybody else on this site use DW, wonder what it means?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

i didn't vote for that very reason - i wanted a 'none of the above' choice!
i don't see where any type of pet, or number thereof, would typify a sexual preference.