Licking when being pet?

chrisstie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey all,

A cat's normal life can have some weird behaviors in it - well weird for any animal.

One of my cats, Tenchi, has always had like "oh yeah thats the good spot" when you pet him and his foot would twitch or he'd feel the need to groom on the spot.

My husband thinks he's still just being normal but lately I think I've detected an increase in his licking-if-you-pet-me mode- sometimes if i even just pet instead of massage him he gets all bath-time-like.

Is this pretty normal and I"m paranoid? or A slight change i should watch more closely?

Also to be clear- he doesn't excessively groom. He's pretty normal otherwise but I just find this associated with petting, massaging etc. He also takes him to groom me, too, if my hand is in his way. it's kind of endearing but I want to make sure this is typical cat weirdness.

creativgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chrisstie

Hey all,

A cat's normal life can have some weird behaviors in it - well weird for any animal.

One of my cats, Tenchi, has always had like "oh yeah thats the good spot" when you pet him and his foot would twitch or he'd feel the need to groom on the spot.

My husband thinks he's still just being normal but lately I think I've detected an increase in his licking-if-you-pet-me mode- sometimes if i even just pet instead of massage him he gets all bath-time-like.

Is this pretty normal and I"m paranoid? or A slight change i should watch more closely?

Also to be clear- he doesn't excessively groom. He's pretty normal otherwise but I just find this associated with petting, massaging etc. He also takes him to groom me, too, if my hand is in his way. it's kind of endearing but I want to make sure this is typical cat weirdness.
My RB calico Lucky did the same thing -- if you scratched a certain spot at the base of her tail, she'd start grooming her front paw on the same side. If you switched sides, so did she. I wish I'd caught it on video.