dress shopping tomorrow!!! HELP!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first big day has arrived!!
I'm SO excited!! I have an appointment in House of Brides tomorrow afternoon at 1pm, so I'm getting together with mum and my fiances aunt (his mum and her wife couldn't make it - yes I did say wife) which is a shame - I was kinda looking forward to having all the ladies together for this one..... anyway,....

I've got to go there straight from work, so I'm going to stink to high heaven of uncastrated boy-cat
I work outdoors, so my hair is going to look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards and right now
, my skin looks like I've fallen face first in last night's pizza box.
Has anyone got any "on-the-spot" quick beauty tips that I can pull off before I go in for that appointment?! I know it's just a first mosey through the store, but it's a relatively up-market place and I'd feel so out of place there if I couldn't look at least respectable.......

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take some toiletries, a brush, a hair clip and a change of clothing with you and have a quick sponge bath in a washroom, change your clothing and comb your hair and put it in a clip.

Either that or reschedule your appointment to a day when you aren't working. You did say that you wanted all of the ladies with you. Maybe a different day would be better for everyone.

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Definately find a restroom and give yourself a fast spongebath, even if just under the arms. Bring fresh deodorant and some light make-up - just concealer and powder. Throw your hair in a pony-tail, then spray a couple of squirts of a fruity purfume, or rub on some smelly lotion.

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like others said, sponge bath would work well and putting your hair up. I'm sure you might not feel pretty doing that but I bet you will still look beautiful!! Put on a little light make-up and perfume. Also, bring deodorant and re-apply to help freshen up. Hope you have a wonderful time!

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How exciting!
I remember shopping for my gown, it was fun trying on all the different dresses.

I would do what everyone else says and remember baby wipes,brush, etc and wash your face and teeth, and you'll look and feel great!

Have fun!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Take some toiletries, a brush, a hair clip and a change of clothing with you and have a quick sponge bath in a washroom, change your clothing and comb your hair and put it in a clip.

Either that or reschedule your appointment to a day when you aren't working. You did say that you wanted all of the ladies with you. Maybe a different day would be better for everyone.
Thats exactly what I would do too

Be sure & take pictures to share with us!
Enjoy yourself!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone here has suggested what I was going to, but honestly the best way to make yourself look beautiful is to PUT ON A WEDDING DRESS!!!! You will be gorgeous!! And, sometimes that first mosey is all you need. I found my dream dress in the third dress I tried on. That was it! I knew it was the "one". My BF/MOH set the whole day aside thinking we would probably spend the next few weekend looking, and after about 1/2 hour I was like "ok, I'd done. Lets go get a beer!"

Have fun and take lots of pics!!