*****KatKwiz! - April 3 - What's a siggy?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are the five secret words for yesterday's KatKwery that DW picked out: commonwealth, Canberra, reef, koala, eucalyptus. Persi was the first to bat out koala as the secret word and MuleNag was the first to use it.

I was a member here for quite some time before I even knew what a siggy was. I then found a tutorial for creating my own. Can you find it? ____(paste link here)_____

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Persi was the first to bat out koala as the secret word and MuleNag was the first to use it.
Thank you for eventually funding my arcade habit!

I found the same tutorial that was already posted. That should be a sticky! I might have to give it a try sometime!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

I found this:

http://www.freewebs.com/icklemiss21/index.htm
This is a good tutorial, but specifically for Photoshop. Nonetheless, it gets you the points for today. Here is a more generalized one that explains all the rules. http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=115113

And here is a tutorial on posting it (the one I was looking for but nobody dared challenge you).

http://www.freewebs.com/icklemiss21/postingasiggy.htm

KatKwery

Did you make your own siggy? Why or why not? What did you use to make it with? Have you ever had a siggy pulled because it did not conform to standards?

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

KatKwery

Did you make your own siggy? Why or why not? What did you use to make it with? Have you ever had a siggy pulled because it did not conform to standards?
I don't have a siggy (signature) yet...atleast not a pretty one! Mine is just plain text without any pics. Maybe someday! I am not very good at using Photoshop or any other photo editing software. I might have to go to the Siggy Request Thread and get some help!
I have never had a siggy so I've never had one removed. I supposed if I didn't resize it properly or if it had too my pixels it would get pulled.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuleNag

I don't have a siggy (signature) yet...atleast not a pretty one! Mine is just plain text without any pics. Maybe someday! I am not very good at using Photoshop or any other photo editing software. I might have to go to the Siggy Request Thread and get some help!
I have never had a siggy so I've never had one removed. I supposed if I didn't resize it properly or if it had too my pixels it would get pulled.
I have a feeling you would be really good at it. Study the last two links I added and you will be on your way! Give it a try, I can help you and so can many others. I need to update mine to include KatKwery. And yes, I have had mine pulled, or actually I never had it pulled, I received a warning first to resize it, which I did. I doubt whether anybody has had one just pulled without some kind of warning/reminder or pointing to one of the links provided above.
The second link above will keep you from getting any warnings. Look at mine below. Right click on it. Then left click on Properties which will give you the size to make sure you are conforming to. The added lines also add to the total and are explained in the description above. Go ahead, give it a try!

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didnt make my signature, I dont have photoshop or anything fancy like that and paint just doesnt cut it. Its never been pulled but I think someone put my little cat scoop smiley next to it because it was below it so it must have been to big!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No I had my siggys made for me. I have been thinking about buying a photoshop program though.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

No I had my siggys made for me. I have been thinking about buying a photoshop program though.
Photoshop is a registered product name costing many hundreds of dollars. I think people use it generically like people do Champagne. You can get many photo editors for free that come with cameras for instance that will make just fine siggies. Here is one of my first, not great, but for free.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
My current siggy was generously made by another member. I do have quite a few siggies that I made myself using Paint Shop Pro X (much cheaper than Photoshop, as is Photoshop Elements), but I'm not very artistic, so there's no comparison with some of the creations seen at TCS.

I haven't had a siggy pulled because it was oversized, since I'm careful about that.

There are some links to free software in the Signature Forum.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Photoshop is a registered product name costing many hundreds of dollars. I think people use it generically like people do Champagne. You can get many photo editors for free that come with cameras for instance that will make just fine siggies. Here is one of my first, not great, but for free.
yeah, I figured photoshop was expensive. I think my camera may have come with a photo editing program. I'll have to look and see.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I make my own siggies. I have Photoshop and made my first signature 3 years ago.

and yes, I received a warning about it being over-sized, and I had it pulled for defying the rules, but I didnt read the warning until after it was pulled a couple days later. How's that for teaching me to check my mail more frequently?

I've often thought about volunteering to make siggies, but never think I'm experienced enough, or I fear I wont have good enough ideas... LOL

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's spooky-coincidental that this was the KatKwix/Kwery for the day as I spent a good portion of my day (yesterday) viewing the beautiful designs in the "Completed Signatures - Part 2" thread in the "TCS Support/Announcements" forum.

I was there awhile and only got through the first half! They are all stunning and so very creative!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i made my first ones, using MSPaint! i took a pic of each cat, write her name on the bottom, pasted them together, & voila!
wasn't nearly as slick or professional-looking as the ones i use now, tho - but i didn't make those!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to make Siggys, but I had to get a new computer, which has Vista, and my Paint Shop Pro 9 and Photoshop did NOT reload onto my new computer.
I'm very sad, it was quite fun making siggys.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I didn't make my own siggy, but yes I have one! I chose not to make my own sigggy because of the cost to buy the programs to make them! I dont think its an easy tast to do really! I love the siggys that I have that were made by other members! The one I have now was made by crazyforinfo in rememberence of my Glitch who passed away in November. I like to have siggys because it shows your kittys, and kind of shows your style! Each signature is unique and wonderfull in its own way! Ive never had one that didn't conform to the rules of sizes and stuff! All mine were made up to code! They're very special to me, each and everyone! They all have my babies on them and thats just neat! Its a good way for other members to see your beloved pets!