Have you paid your income taxes yet?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
For the first time in years, we owe money for our income taxes. I keep reminding myself every day that I need to transfer the money and write out the check, but I haven't been able to bring myself to do it.

Any one else procrastinating?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I owe the state and haven't gotten around to filing
don't really understand how I owe state and got back from federal, but

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

We haven't even filed ours for the last 3 years. When I get the papers together for 2007 (this weekend) I've begged hubby to make an appointment with our accountant to get the whole 4 years done for both of us.

I don't know anyone who is more of a procrastinator than my sweetie.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to amend my taxes already this year.. I forgot something on my first filing. I already mailed them their payment and am done with them till next year...... I hate tax time it gets me angry every year! I heard one of the earlier presidential candidates say he wanted to abolish the IRS and he got my attention!!!!!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't filed yet, and barring the unforeseen, I should be getting a refund, so I've still got lots of time. Even if I do owe, there's still four weeks to the deadline. But I should get off the pot so I can get my money back.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

We haven't even filed ours for the last 3 years. When I get the papers together for 2007 (this weekend) I've begged hubby to make an appointment with our accountant to get the whole 4 years done for both of us.

My god woman!!
I hope you don't get auditted! It is NO fun

I already did my taxes and received my big $51 check

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

EEP! That would give me an anxiety attack for sure!

I filed mine months ago & got my return back, and spent it already

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

My god woman!!
I hope you don't get auditted! It is NO fun

I already did my taxes and received my big $51 check
Originally Posted by babyharley

EEP! That would give me an anxiety attack for sure!

I filed mine months ago & got my return back, and spent it already
We aren't in a high enough income bracket for them to be very worried about us. The accountant would probably deal with them in the event of an audit so I'm not overly concerned.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have to pay. I didn't do mine last year but my boyfriends mom just did mine last week and sent it off and I get back like $700.
I can't wait for that cheque to come.

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I file, I always request to have funds deducted/deposited directly into our checking account. It's easier.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rone

When I file, I always request to have funds deducted/deposited directly into our checking account. It's easier.
I hate giving them free access to my bank account. They can get paid the old fashioned way by me. I don't even want them to know I have a checking account. Even though they have the almighty power to have that info.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got our Fed back and it was 4 Dollars because we paid Jackson Hewett out of it. It would have been 228 otherwise. We get 1200 from the State. Most of the time we owe them or get a little back. We will use that for a Washer and Dryer and a Fridge when we buy a House.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

For the first time in years, we owe money for our income taxes. I keep reminding myself every day that I need to transfer the money and write out the check, but I haven't been able to bring myself to do it.

Here's the deal. People that get money back are loaning the government money at absolutely no interest. Is this smart? When I hear people bragging about getting a refund, well I keep my mouth shut. I have never got a refund. I have put that money to good use making at least CD rate which is low right now, but certainly better than nothing. The people that understand finance and money would be happy to NOT be getting a refund because they have had that money to use for the whole year. I very closely monitor this and make sure I always run to the post office on April 14th.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Here's the deal. People that get money back are loaning the government money at absolutely no interest. Is this smart? When I hear people bragging about getting a refund, well I keep my mouth shut. I have never got a refund. I have put that money to good use making at least CD rate which is low right now, but certainly better than nothing. The people that understand finance and money would be happy to NOT be getting a refund because they have had that money to use for the whole year. I very closely monitor this and make sure I always run to the bank on April 14th.
I never thought of it that way. Finances are not my forte.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We never get refunds from the State. What we are getting is the most we ever got ever. My Dad owes Fed 9000. I would rather do the Taxes early if if we owe. Why wait until the last minute. The Irs rejected my Sisters taxes.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We owe nearly $10,000 because of stupid double taxing in Australia and the US - apparently we'll get a big refund once we put a claim in, but we have no idea or or who
It really sucks. So yes, we're majorly procrastinating.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine are done and I've gotten my refund back

I'm excited because I pay off one of my credit cards with the refund and apply $$ to the other.