I still can not find a Job!!!!

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Times are hard!!! The only thing that pays really good in my area that is hiring is the Union Pacific Railroad.

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
for job hunting!

I know it is tough, especially reading all the news stories on the net about jobs, housing, etc going down. I'm in the same boat. I do consulting/web design business and I love it, but it is tough waiting for that money to come in.

I'm applying with temp agencies for short time work and also looking on my own for jobs, both f/t, p/t until this business with my partner & I picks up.

What about temp agencies? It is really simple to do a few tests and then they will look for you for a job that fits you. Plus what is nice, that you are not stuck in one job, if you don't like it.

hang in there!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats really frusterating! I've been in that position & its not fun at all

What I ended up doing was sending my resume to many different businesses, it worked too. Sometimes companies don't advertise much & hire within, or on people who just randomly call. Its worth a try!

Best of luck to you

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Job vibes to you! Are you changing your resume everytime to reflect the job itself? Are you writing a cover letter that is also reflective of the job itself? That might help. Temp agencies are good if you need a job really fast.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks,
I have Called temp places but they never answer the phone or call me back. I was a Ops Mgr at a Food Place. I worked there for over 15 years and had to quit when we moved. I have tried alot of places.

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

Thanks,
I have Called temp places but they never answer the phone or call me back. I was a Ops Mgr at a Food Place. I worked there for over 15 years and had to quit when we moved. I have tried alot of places.
Just keeping trying! Just keeping calling, emailing them until you get an answer!

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I will not give up.
Good for you!
We can't give up or we'll go crazy, at least I will
. I just had a thought, can your skills be used on a consultant basis? Maybe you could consult and earn some money that way in the short term.

Maybe you could offer to type papers, data entry, etc for people. It just takes a few people. Is there anyone you can network with to help. I know I would have never had this opportunity without my boss's/business partner's help and believing in me.

Of course, if I have writer's block on page... I'm on my own

PM me if you want to talk or need an ear.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks,
My typing is slow. I would love to do Medical Billing. I have only worked in food though. I Cooked and was a Cashier. I ran the Store and did the Payroll and alot of Paperwork. I did the food cost too. Hired and fired.

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Thanks,
My typing is slow. I would love to do Medical Billing. I have only worked in food though. I Cooked and was a Cashier. I ran the Store and did the Payroll and alot of Paperwork. I did the food cost too. Hired and fired.
My typing is not very fast either, but don't let that stop you. (you'll get better with practice) I see important skills that you have already working for you:

You have customer service skills (employers love that.)
You have A/P Payroll/money experience
You have HR skills

You have a lot working for you right now. Is there any Admin Asst jobs that you could try, maybe in a doctor's or dentist's office. I know a lot of people want medical billing experience, but some will train you on the job. If you see a job that you are interested in, I would just apply for it. The more you apply for, the better and you will get interviews. And once you are in the interview, you can explain your skills and why you would be a great fit for the job.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You poor thing! My DF is in the same boat. He left his job because of a job I took here in Jersey.

We've been here for almost 6 months and while he is getting phone calls, still no luck. He's even tried retail and temp jobs and nothing. He doesn't have any bills other than his cell and is almost ready to shut that off.

Just know that you're not the only one in your situation...there are TONS! I even spoke with my recruiter buddy yesterday and he was telling me that they're at a standstill. Few new jobs are coming in for his contract company.

Just keep applying and trying new avenues.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If your interested in Medical Billing, then go for it! I'd never done Medical Billing before, and I got a job last May doing that & LOVE it. I work in a Counseling Clinic & do all their billing & am also the Office Mgr.I have my Associates in Business Mgmt & Admin, and had only had Administrative Assistant jobs before this one.

If you have office skills, most places are willing to train you. Mine did & I love it

Look into different kinds of offices, and just send out your resume, even if they aren't advertising any jobs. Try looking into smaller offices, there are a lot of different places to venture into, good luck!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The hot jobs around here besides the hospitals are truck driving and the meat packing plant alwaus seems to have openings.

I would look to see if the city you live in has a jobs hotline for available positions.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, try Craiglist for your area... I keep finding jobs on there... haven't heard back from any yet, but I'm in the same boat, with a slight exception: I'm currently working... two PT jobs, but am soooooo ready to quit the one... between the gas prices, commuting stress (20 mi, each way), and a supervisor who can't supervise, I'm ready to walk away. I'm holding off for one little thing... although, if she ticks me off... anyway... this is your thread.

Craigslist ads sometimes want online apps, sometimes just emailing your resume and cover letter, some want it snail mailed. A few I found today want a phone call. There's more on there then on Monster for me... it may be the same for you... any reason you don't want to apply online?

A.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am using craigs list and snag a job. I tried monster and Career Builder too. Even my Sister can not find a job and she has a BA.