The worse household chore!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually enjoy doing laundry. I don't mind doing most of the chores but I despise cleaning the bathroom and mopping the floor!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't mind laundry...its doing the dishes that does it for me.
I spend 30 minutes pre-cleaning all the dishes, throw them into the dishwasher that runs for 1.5 hours (it seems) only for me to have to go through the process again since any food I didn't get off before is still on there.

This process happen every 2-3 days...

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't mind laundry and it actually relaxes me when I'm really stressed. I think I hate cleaning cat/dog yack up the most, probably followed by dusting.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
stripping the bed. Don't mind making the bed, just stripping it and inserting the pillows into the cases/slips.

I also hate putting dishes away; don't mind doing them/loading the dishwasher.

I hate putting laundry away, but like doing it.

Unrelated: I HATE stopping to buy gas--not the price, just the special trip!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate putting away laundry, but I don't mind doing it. Changing the litter boxes is pretty bad too.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
#1 for me would be cleaning the litter boxes (it is constant and I am the only one in the household who can "handle" doing it.
) the second one would be cleaning out the refrigerator when it hasn't been done in awhile.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For both DH and I we hate doing the bathroom. Its not big but one of the chores that neither one of us wants to do

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dishes! I don't even have that many dishes to do usually but I still can't stand to do them, it's just so boring. Vacuuming would be a close second for me.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisalee

Dishes! I don't even have that many dishes to do usually but I still can't stand to do them, it's just so boring. Vacuuming would be a close second for me.
i dislike ALL of it, & you can tell by looking at my house!
i think vacuuming is my least favorite - litterboxes are a close 2nd. they're more distasteful, but over with far more quickly!
i eat on disposable plates to cut down on the dishwashing, too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

I don't mind laundry...its doing the dishes that does it for me.
I spend 30 minutes pre-cleaning all the dishes, throw them into the dishwasher that runs for 1.5 hours (it seems) only for me to have to go through the process again since any food I didn't get off before is still on there.

This process happen every 2-3 days...
Pre-cleaning dishes? Whatever for? I have a dishwasher and I never "pre-clean" the dishes before putting them in. The left over food on the dishes gets scraped off and the dish put right into the dishwasher.

That said, most of the time I wash my dishes by hand. It's the one chore that I don't mind doing. In fact I enjoy washing dishes

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
5 kids...

I hate doing LAUNDRY the most! (can you even guess how many loads we do a day?)

Doing DISHES is a close second...

I have a self-cleaning oven... and since it's not a weekly chore... I can live with that one.

MOPPING - blah

I actually like vacuuming, which is good since it's a daily (sometimes bi-daily) thing.

Mowing the grass... we have a small front yard and a huge back yard but the pool takes up the majority, so dont mind the grass either.

Vacuuming the pool.... never look forward to doing it, but once I start it, kinda therapeutic... umm... but hate the initial yearly start-up!

Doggie-Diamond-Duty.... That would be on the very TOP of my loath-list, but I make my kids do it
Only fair since I mow

Dusting... again, something I hate to start, but appreciate when it's done. It is a monotonous task.

Bathroom.... two little boys and one overgrown man... 'nough said.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
1. Cleaning inside the over

2. Changing the cover on a king size duvet
I'm only 5'1" and my little arms ache when i have to change it
My friend said she sticks the corners in each of the bedside table drawers first, but that doesn't work for me.

I'm due to change them tomorrow as well
Give me 20 litterboxes to scoup any day!.

tobi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I actually pay my grandma to do my ironing for me
I hate it!

I hate putting away laundry. Doing it isn't a big deal, but putting it away... I actually have a basket for laundry and another one for DIRTY laundry. Just so I don't have to put it away. Lazy I know, but the rest of my house is immaculate

I don't mind bathroom because I live here alone and my SO is pretty good at cleaning up after himself,

Dishes I absolutely dread, but when I get started it only takes me 5 minutes...

I think I hate vacuuming the most though. Because it happens so often, and I hate taking out the vacuum and putting it back away and stuff, it's too heavy and big and I always drop it... and with birds in the house, it's a daily thing.