Take me out to the ball game!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight is opening night for the Oakland Athletics in Oakland vs. The Red Sox. It is going to be a bit brisk there tonight - about 40 F, 4C. This is nothing, I know, to those GB football fans, but I have become a CA wuss.

We saw one of the A's/Giants exhibition games Sat. in a luxury suite. Because we are season ticket holders, we get a suite once per year at a real discount. It cost us $200 for a $1500 suite that sits 18 with a bathroom. BTW, those "early buy" suites are not available for tonight's game.

Go A's!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday was the Twin's opener here in MN. Just count your blessings it isn't snowing at your opener!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think the Rangers opened yesterday in Seattle, and they had snow at some point during the day.

It was one of those rare days where Seattle may have had better weather than we did. We had a huge thunderstorm through here.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Detroit Tigers home opener was yesterday - it was in the mid 50's and WINDY!!! Not tooo bad for March 31 in Michigan. The rain held off. Too bad the Tigers lost to KC!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Smell in the air the "Play ball" sound!

Originally Posted by butzie

Tonight is opening night for the Oakland Athletics in Oakland vs. The Red Sox.
.....I hope the A´s Kick at the Red Sox!...

Originally Posted by butzie

Go A's!

For me, this year again I will to support at the Cleveland Indians!!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Smell in the air the "Play ball" sound!

.....I hope the A´s Kick at the Red Sox!...

Cleveland Indians??!!! Boooooooo!!!!! From your friend in Detroit!
(Although we wouldn't mind having Rafael Betancourt!
)

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sure hope the A's Win. I have not gone to a A's Game in a long time. I will be going to Opening Day on Monday to see the Modesto Nuts. We had tickets to the A's when they were in the Playoffs a long time ago.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Opening Day is considered a holiday here in Cincinnati. Before the game the Reds paid tribute to Army SSG Matt Maupin who was listed as missing in Iraq for four years. Over the weekend his parents received word that Matt's body had been found. His father said it best that Matt has finished his mission and is finally coming home. The Reds also played tribute to former player and broadcaster Joe Nuxhall who passed away this past fall. Nuxie is a legend in these parts and you'd be hard pressed to find a better human being anywhere. He was, as many others put it, "everybody's grandpa".

Opening Day here is a festive occasion but the tributes yesterday were a celebration of life and a reminder of its importance even in loss, putting into perspective that in the end baseball is just a game.

Below is a link with a Opening Day sideshow:
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...PT04/303310105

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heading to the bottom of the ninth in Oakland with Boston up 2-1. I need a save from Papelbon here (for my fantasy baseball team).

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Cleveland Indians??!!! Boooooooo!!!!! From your friend in Detroit!
(Although we wouldn't mind having Rafael Betancourt!
)
Indians goes to do it all right this year!....

Did you heard me Red sox´s??????
Indians will going to win this year!.....

Originally Posted by mews2much

I sure hope the A's Win. I have not gone to a A's Game in a long time. I will be going to Opening Day on Monday to see the Modesto Nuts. We had tickets to the A's when they were in the Playoffs a long time ago.
Rats...
wasn´t a great start to the A´s....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, in the pre-opening series which were regular season games in Japan, the A's and the Sox split the series.

I just wish I could figure out all the new players on the team, and hope that Harden, Chavez and Crosby don't get hurt (or hurt more).

Originally Posted by CoolCat

Why?

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate my team!
A-rod makes more money than the Florida Marlins. At least we got our new stadium, even if it meant tearing down the Orange Bowl.
I love that dump!

swooshfinn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately it doesn't look too promising for my Cardinals this year, third place in the division again at best, maybe I should really push for the Brew crew to bring back the 80's logo and uniforms! (I know this is going to make the rest of my family sick, but not a big fan of the "Loveable Losers" on the Windy City's north side.)

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Woohoo I'm going to my first baseball game next week!
I'm going to see the SF Giants vs SD Padres. Apparently they're as bad as each other so shouldn't be too much of a flogging

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a huge Braves fan. Living in Chicago I don't get to go to as many games in person as I liked too. The first two games this season were annoying because we lost due to mistakes. I enjoyed the game last night since we won 10-2. Tonight's game should be a win. I am looking forward to watching the Braves beat up on the Mets this weekend. I have MLB Extra Innings and Tivo so I don't miss many baseball games. Does anyone else wish FOX Did not have all the broadcasting rights to every Saturday day game? I am not happy I can not watch my baseball game on Saturday because it is a day game. I really think the Braves will have an awesome season this year. Go Braves!!