Having A Blonde Day

katya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm a real dumb bunny today.

I started running water for a bath this morning and I went to the kitchen for 15 minutes waiting for the tub to fill up and when I got back I found that I hadn't even put the plug in the tub

My new car got dropped off today and it's an automatic. I'm used to driving standard. I got in the car and then I realized I had no idea how to operate it. I had to call my friend and ask and he was about 5 minutes on the phone with me saying "Haha, April fools, good joke there." before he would take me seriously that I had absolutely no idea

And then I put flour in my tea instead of sugar. THAT tasted absolutely lovely, let me tell you . . .

And to top it off when I tried to post this thread the first time I accidently posted it as a reply to another thread.

I'm about ready to call it a day before I commit anymore crimes of stupidity.

Did I mention I graduated at the top of my class once upon a time? I can't be the only one who has days like this!

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have all been there Honey!

It sure makes you feel dumb when something like that happens, but I think it it much worse when someone else has noticed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DeeDeeMay

We have all been there Honey!

It sure makes you feel dumb when something like that happens, but I think it it much worse when someone else has noticed
I sat in the car for 10 minutes trying to figure out why I couldn't get my car to start before I called. I was soooo embarrassed. I was really determined to figure it out myself and avoid having to ask anyone.

"I'm turning the key and the car isn't starting? What gives?! "

"Are you pressing the brake down before you turn the key?"

"Oh. I'm stupid. I'll buy you lunch if you promise not to tell anyone else about this, kay?"

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Katya

I sat in the car for 10 minutes trying to figure out why I couldn't get my car to start before I called. I was soooo embarrassed. I was really determined to figure it out myself and avoid having to ask anyone.

"I'm turning the key and the car isn't starting? What gives?! "

"Are you pressing the brake down before you turn the key?"

"Oh. I'm stupid. I'll buy you lunch if you promise not to tell anyone else about this, kay?"
I drive 5speed also. When I test drove an automatic a little over a month ago, I was reaching with my foot for the clutch and tryin to change gears

I ended up buying another 5 speed!!!!!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been having a few of those days lately. I weighed the kittens today and when I was writing down the weights in their notebook I noticed that for the past few days I had been writing May and June in for the dates!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Katya

I'm a real dumb bunny today.

I started running water for a bath this morning and I went to the kitchen for 15 minutes waiting for the tub to fill up and when I got back I found that I hadn't even put the plug in the tub

My new car got dropped off today and it's an automatic. I'm used to driving standard. I got in the car and then I realized I had no idea how to operate it. I had to call my friend and ask and he was about 5 minutes on the phone with me saying "Haha, April fools, good joke there." before he would take me seriously that I had absolutely no idea

And then I put flour in my tea instead of sugar. THAT tasted absolutely lovely, let me tell you . . .

And to top it off when I tried to post this thread the first time I accidently posted it as a reply to another thread.

I'm about ready to call it a day before I commit anymore crimes of stupidity.

Did I mention I graduated at the top of my class once upon a time? I can't be the only one who has days like this!
Ok, checklist

1. filling the tub without the stopper...done that "check"
2. No idea how to drive an automatic...been there, done that (and vise versa!) "check"
3. Flour in coffee instead of sugar...haven't done that mainly because I don't put sugar in my coffee...but I have dumped out a pot of freshly brewed coffee because I was still half asleep and forgot I actually made a full pot!

4. Posted a new thread as a reply...actually, did that tonight and had to delete it from the American Idol thread and copy and paste it....so, "check"!

Basically, we all have those days when our brains just aren't working. I once went out to warm up my car in the winter...then tore the house apart for 20 minutes looking for my car keys!
I was cussing every cat in the house, thinking they ran off with them.....until I looked outside and saw the exhaust coming from my car
. Yeah, I was late for work, but my supervisor was so amused by the story I think it was considered excused because I made her day!

So, you're not alone!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think there was someone in the shadows, pulling your plug, replacing the sugar with flour, replacing your standard with an automatic....

April Fools on you, huh? Hope your April 2nd is better!