Granny's Feathered Zoo

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it's not really a Zoo, but she should start charging visitors! I love taking people out to Granny's because of the diversity of animals! Some you may have never seen! And you can actually pet most of the animals out there!

This is Tom (the white male turkey) with his girls. Tom always greets you with a full tail! He's so cute!
You can talk to him and he'll gobble right back!

The other male turkey is fluffed up in this picture, not as pretty. He's still young so his tail hasn't fully grown in.

Here's a close up of Tom, he walks around like that all day! (I don't have anywhere to put Bonnet yet, so she's at Granny's place!)

The HERD of ducks (and geese)! A lot of Granny's feathered friends walk around lose during the day and go into the barn at night.

The evil goose..... My little sister was chasing it away because it just tried to bite her!

My favorite bird out there! A Chinese Pheasant (I think that's right).

***Other birds not shown in pictures***

Guinea Fowl, several types of pheasants, several types of pigeons, chickens, turkens (half turkey half chicken)....I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting.

A guinea:

A Turken (they have to be man made the first generation, then they can breed and make turkens all on their own) And yes, they are that ugly in person!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by keith p

Are the turkeys wild/domestic cross?

My cousins have a farm and they have a Guinea Hen and some Golden Pheasants (which is what you posted a picture of)
The white turky is a "Royal Palm" and the black turkey is a "Black." Wild turkies have brown and grays in their feathers, other than that I have no idea!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Wow, that is so cool! They all just stick around there?
They sure do! The barn is a little walk from the house, and they mostly just stick around the barn. She's only had one animal that ever left the property and that was my llama! She was a bad girl! Apparently llamas can swim really well, and jump just as well.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

The evil goose one is great!
That goose IS evil!!!! I had Thor out there the other day and he was standing next to me and next thing I know the goose runs up and bites him!!!!
Thank goodness he had is sweater on!

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tom is a cutie! I love turkeys!! Love the pics!!
Geese seem so tempermental.Every goose I was around would try and bite or protest/scream at you.