*****KatKwiz - April 1 - KatKwery!*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
KatKwery begins today but first you must answer a simple question. Have you ever noticed that some days there are a lot more people on The Cat Site than others?
What is the date that the most users ever were on The Cat Site?_______________.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh! I'm so excited! I never get here in time to answer the question!!

Most users ever online was 621, 21st June 2005 at 12:00 PM.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so weird that I see 1 pm on my computer. That's going to drive me nuts now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

Oh! I'm so excited! I never get here in time to answer the question!!

Most users ever online was 621, 21st June 2005 at 12:00 PM.
That is the correct answer!!! Sometimes the things that are so obvious to some people are the killers for others. But there the answer is, click Cat Forums and there the answer is at the bottom of the page. 2000 points to you.

KatKwery
KatKwery has no definate ending time. It ends when the next KatKwiz begins. It is meant as a forum to discuss the KatKwiz question of the day. The Kats have already picked the secret word and it is in a sealed envelope to only be opened when tomorrow's KatKwiz is given. Here is today's Cat Query. Don't forget, at times I may join in on the forum and may even use the secret word, but I don't get any points!

Why do you think this particular day had more online users than any other day?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

That's so weird that I see 1 pm on my computer. That's going to drive me nuts now.
This one is one of those ones that are so obvious they are hard to others. Perhaps I should save this one for a KatKwiz question. Or perhaps I should just tell you to go to User CP, Edit Options and then Date & Time Options. And now so the KatKwery question does not get lost:

KatKwery
KatKwery has no definate ending time. It ends when the next KatKwiz begins. It is meant as a forum to discuss the KatKwiz question of the day. The Kats have already picked the secret word and it is in a sealed envelope to only be opened when tomorrow's KatKwiz is given. Here is today's Cat Query. Don't forget, at times I may join in on the forum and may even use the secret word, but I don't get any points!

Why do you think this particular day had more online users than any other day?

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
June 21st, perhaps it was the busiest because of the first day of summer. School's out? Summer solstice maybe?

Hmmm... gonna have to think about this one.

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'll have to go back and see if there any hot topics that day. Or maybe the board had gone down for a while prior to that date and that was the first day it was back in business...that would cause a flood of people trying to catch up on things.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe a lot of people joined right around that time. Plus it's the first day of summer.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuleNag

I'll have to go back and see if there any hot topics that day. Or maybe the board had gone down for a while prior to that date and that was the first day it was back in business...that would cause a flood of people trying to catch up on things.
That's what I was thinking. Maybe there was something like KatKwiz going on that was paying out a zillion points. That should easily be verified.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I seen quite a few joined in May and June of 05. Maybe TCS did some advertising and got a lot of people that day.
I know the same question was asked on May 11 08 but nobody posted why they thought there were so many users on that day.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I also noticed that in the Katkwiz for that day the correct answer was June 21 2005 at 1 pm. I have my thing set to detect DST so I don't know why it still says one and not noon.
Because it was 1pm your time and 12pm someone else's time - it is all relative to where you live

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just spent the last hour+ reading through June 2005 posts - one thing - it was fun seeing some of the members then that are still active today. I looked to see if there was a special contest, or maybe some sort of E-party (virtual party) but heck if I can find a reason. I did read about the big crash, though - lol - for those of you that affected, sorry for the flashback guys.

The first day of summer is the fist thing that pops in my mind, but why 2005 and not the year after that, or the year after that??

I even thought maybe someone was having surgery that day or had a baby. I dont know... I know this question was asked before but no one answered it. I know my curiosity is piqued! And you know what they say about that...

Inquiring minds want to know!!!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Because it was 1pm your time and 12pm someone else's time - it is all relative to where you live
It's currently 10:39 p.m. here, but another time will show up on your computer for my post, because of the difference in time zones.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

It's currently 10:39 p.m. here, but another time will show up on your computer for my post, because of the difference in time zones.
Which is why I keep repeating that my quizzes are posted according to GMT, which I directed you to earlier. Do you know when the new day GMT begins where you are? That's when you could see the next KatKwiz.

Getting back to KatKwery, I went here to look:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_21,_2005
Pretty darn silly, huh?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I wonder if TCS will ever set another record for how many people are on at once?
I know! I know! June 21 is the longest day of the year so would it not make sense if this day is longer that more people would be on The Cat Site on that day?
No, OK, what's your answer, then?

BTW, the next KatKwiz can be posted in less than one hour from now since I am in the -6 GMT. It is now 11:21 GMT.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I wonder if TCS will ever set another record for how many people are on at once?
I predict it will. All we all have to do is drive more cat lovers to this site.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah it would make sense because june 21 is the longest day of the year. Oh and kids are probably out of school. Course I don't think too many kids would be on The Cat Site. Wow, I can't belive it's almost midnight in Texas. It's going on seven here.