Weird s/o comments

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, so what is the weirdest thing that your s/o has ever said?

Sunday, I helped (basically taught) my husband to make chicken soup. While we were sitting there eating it, he said, "you know what would make this soup better? It just doesn't seem right without Tofu."

My hubby is born and raised in a midwestern family, he bought the house next door to his parents. His parents don't eat it if it isn't meat, potatoes, beans, or whitefish...basically nothing "weird". My hubby had never eaten Tofu until he met me, and he has taken to foreign cuisine so well, that he actually prefers it to Midwestern food...lol

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm, my husband says so many weird things.
I can't recall one particular instance.

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Can we count drug-induced comments? (legal drugs, don't worry!)

I might have told that story before, but here it is again... One time my (now ex) boyfriend had a really bad headache and took 2 extra-strength tylenols and 2 advils. He would usually only take one of each but this time he was worried it wouldn't be enough. Shortly after taking the medication, we were both lying in bed and I wasn't sure if he was asleep or not. At some point he turns to me and asks me, completely seriously "Are all vampires left-handed?"
Me: "What??"
Him: (thinking I hadn't heard him) "Are all vampires left-handed?" (still very seriously)
Me: "huh... I don't think so. I don't see why they would be."

Him: "Oh, ok." (he sounded disappointed)
That was it.

The next morning, I told him about it and at first he didn't remember at all. Then he remembered thinking about bats and somehow reaching the conclusion that if vampires were all left-handed, it would all make sense.

p.s. don't try this at home!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a good one!

When DF was on Neurotin, he had some doozies, but I can't remember any of them.

The other night we decided to spend a little and went out to dinner. While waiting at the bar for a table two guys came up to the bar to order another drink...they ordered a black tan each, but somehow I remember hearing half and half.

Anyway DF turns to them and says "They should charge you for 2!"

Where that came from I don't know...but I did want to get under that bar.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was talking to my husband about what if we had an "oops" pregnancy. I said, "I know you don't want kids yet, but how would you REALLY feel if we had a surprise pregnancy?" His response?

"Honey, I'd be as excited as you would if I came home with a new riding lawn mower and said, 'Surprise! We have a riding lawn mower!'"

So I've decided that when I do become pregnant (hopefully planned), I'll tape a picture of a riding lawn mower to my stomach, walk up to him, pull up my shirt and say, "Honey! We have a riding lawn mower!"

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know he's said some doozies over the years, most of the time in twilight-slumbers... but heck if I can remember them.

I once told my mother our neighbor took my temperature with a hammer... Yeah I was hallucinating.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband is great for night time sleeping talk! he comes up with some good ones.

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We were at the Sweet Tomatoes which is a local health food buffet. So we get up to the register and he looks at the lady at the register and very seriously says, "Oh by the way this is for here."
Me-
"I'm very sorry."

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend says weird things all the time. The only one I can remember is from last week but its not nearly as weird as some things he says. I woke up in the middle of the night and went to the bathroom. I also checked my bank account because it was pay day. When I came back to bed I sat down and got a drink of water and my boyfriend said "Hi Milo" I just said "uhhh...I'm not Milo, but I got paid ___" and he said "oooooh" and that was it. He doesn't remember that at all.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

Ok, so what is the weirdest thing that your s/o has ever said?

Sunday, I helped (basically taught) my husband to make chicken soup. While we were sitting there eating it, he said, "you know what would make this soup better? It just doesn't seem right without Tofu."

My hubby is born and raised in a midwestern family, he bought the house next door to his parents. His parents don't eat it if it isn't meat, potatoes, beans, or whitefish...basically nothing "weird". My hubby had never eaten Tofu until he met me, and he has taken to foreign cuisine so well, that he actually prefers it to Midwestern food...lol
Oh my..... you live NEXT DOOR to your mom-in-law

I'm not sure I could think of something off the top of my head. We're both a little off the wall, it's fun that way

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The one that immediately springs to mind is:

"You know, I've been thinking...we really ought to talk about getting married."

Mind you, I was in the shower shaving my legs at the time, and it was totally out of the blue.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My BF says so many goofy things but I cannot recall any right now. But I am prone to spoonerisms... one of the funny things I said once was, as we were driving by the Ambassador Bridge in Detroit ( crosses into Canada) and cars and trucks were backed up onto the expressway, slowing us down as we were headed by, "Wow, there's too much bridge on the traffic."

And now it's become a loving inside joke... when something is overwhelming, etc. Hey, at least I can laugh at myself!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

Oh my..... you live NEXT DOOR to your mom-in-law
I still live WITH mine, and will be living BEHIND them on what was formerly part of their property very shortly. :cry:

Anyway, one night Rob was sleeping and out of nowhere he's like "A Honda's engine rotates backwards."

I was 110% confused ... asked again, he repeated the same thing. Then I asked if he was awake. He said no, then that was it. He didn't remember it in the morning

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

The one that immediately springs to mind is:

"You know, I've been thinking...we really ought to talk about getting married."

Mind you, I was in the shower shaving my legs at the time, and it was totally out of the blue.
Mine muted the TV, turned to me and said - will you marry me?

There was one time he woke me up asking where his sleeping bag was. He had been looking for it in his dream and he couldn't find it. I told him to go back to sleep and find it.