The WORST combination of all time...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heelys + those little child sized grocery carts.

I usually stay quiet on children behaving badly in public simply because I'm child-free and my opinions can get me in hot water. But, today it's a totally different story. We were at Whole Foods getting some yummy looking fruit for a tart I have to make, and BANG a kid nailed me in the ankle with one of the pint sized grocery carts. I then notice why said child is unable to keep his cart under control... Heelys. (For those who have yet to experience this monstrosity Heelys are shoes with a wheel in the back of them. Not quite roller skates... not quite shoes... one of the worst inventions of all time) Wait... it gets better. I look down at the little guy and say, "Hey! That hurt."

The little boy rolled off on his own... laughing.

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heelys have been outlawed in all stores in my area. If the child comes in with them on, the manager has the right to ask the parent to remove the wheels. It is posted at the front door by the police department

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can't wear them in the stores here either.

Kids can wear them to school, but they can't have the wheels in. Which takes all the fun out of them (said by my kid).

I don't even see them as much as I used to. They're not my favorite. 1) clothing and shoes for kids aren't cheap to begin with. I have a problem paying $50+ for a pair of shoes that they'll outgrow within 6 months! And, when you position your foot to use the wheels, that's not good for the muscles of the foot or leg.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm half tempted to start a petition to get them banned around here too! This is my first full contact problem with them, but I've had to dodge kids in the past.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You know what's worse than a kid with Heelys??? A HUSBAND who desperately wants a pair!!!!! I refuse to let him get some.

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have seen so many children with broken arms due to those things my cousin included. I can't stand them. Kids have them everywhere here.

katya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If I had things my way all the Heelys would be rounded up and put into a pile and we'd all join hands around the pile and sing while they went up into a glorious blaze.

One can only dream though.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uggg, I hate those things. It's like kids can't just walk somewhere anymore? They have to roller skate everywhere? Really, come on.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What about the over-indulgent parent(s) and bratty kid who didn't even apologize for hurting you!!!! I would have said something to the mom or dad!

Kids are not being taught manners anymore.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have snuck up behind him and kicked him at the sole of his shoe so that it pushed and made him fall...and cry. Little spoiled rotten kid. I mean seriously, what moran of a parent even allows their kid to push their own shopping cary WHILE wearing the wheels in their wheelies.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate those stupid things! My former employer at a salon has 2 of the most spoiled rotten little bratty grandchildren, and the 8 year old boy is HUGE. This idiot woman lets those kids use them inside the salon, and the boy knocked down a very elderly woman. Fortunately she was caught before she hit the floor. He just grinned with his stupid, ugly face and said she should get out of his way.
I am not one to actually beat a kid, but I would have beaten that one until my arms would not work any more if he was mine, but the GM said "he's just a baby, he didn't mean to. He doesn't know any better."

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

the GM said "he's just a baby, he didn't mean to. He doesn't know any better."
My reply would have been, "Then it's time for him to learn!"

I hate those things too. But in that instance, where exactly were the parents? I seriously would have said something to them about controlling their offspring...

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I usually stay quiet on children behaving badly in public simply because I'm child-free and my opinions can get me in hot water. But, today it's a totally different story. We were at Whole Foods getting some yummy looking fruit for a tart I have to make, and BANG a kid nailed me in the ankle with one of the pint sized grocery carts. I then notice why said child is unable to keep his cart under control... Heelys. (For those who have yet to experience this monstrosity Heelys are shoes with a wheel in the back of them. Not quite roller skates... not quite shoes... one of the worst inventions of all time) Wait... it gets better. I look down at the little guy and say, "Hey! That hurt."

That indeed would get the nomination for worst combination of all time. Unattended shopping carts rolling across the parking lot because somebody was to lazy to take them to the shopping cart parking area that crash into the side of your new Porsche certainly gets an honorable mention.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

you were too nice. i'd've used my teacher voice, & said something like, "if you can't control that cart, i'll take it away from you". & kids tend to believe me!
yeah, i don't get the attraction of those - my kids would never get a pair. if they wanted roller skates, i might get roller skates - but not skate/shoes!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Justice has a pair that he's worn a total of 1 time! I took them away from him because all too many kids are rude with them and I've also seen kids break thier ankles!

I've had kids run into me with them and not apologize too. I seriously wanted to push her into a display

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Every time I see a kid with those I want to do what Adam Sandler did in Big Daddy....throw a stick down in front of them!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

You know what's worse than a kid with Heelys??? A HUSBAND who desperately wants a pair!!!!! I refuse to let him get some.
Oh heck, my 82-year-old mother wants 'em! I have her convinced they don't make them in adult sizes. (Do they?)

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now coming from the 21 year old that owns a pair... I have been very very tempted to clothesline a few kids in them. I hate when people wear them in crowded stores.

I did have a kid run into me once and I turned around and told him to get back here and apologize. And he actually did... and then I gave his mother a very dirty keep your kids under control look.

I only wear mine to work, and when I'm on campus (what can I say those 4 story windy ramp things that my campus have are too tempting!) and a few other occasions.

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Oh heck, my 82-year-old mother wants 'em! I have her convinced they don't make them in adult sizes. (Do they?)
Hehe yep they do! I got mine from Shoe Carnival my best friend got hers from Journeys.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

tell her what my mom told me when i wanted light-up shoes... grow up!
you know the shoes i mean - they have those little laser lights on them?

they don't make them in adult sizes, or i'd have a pair!