Albino deer

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure where these images were shot - but my cousin forwarded them to me and I thought they were too precious not to share with you guys!

Here is the blurb that went with the images:

" Tim made the deer feeder with the "Browning" logo. These twin albinos have
been coming to our backyard since they were fawns in 2006. We have been
trying to capture a digital pic of them for awhile, but they arrive at dusk
or even later and they don't turn out. On Friday about 10 am they arrived.
It was a beautiful morning... I can do dishes and make lots of noise and they aren't bothered.
However, when they hear the patio door open they usually bolt. However, this time I banged a dish and Tim opened the door at the same time and was able to take the pictures."

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So beautiful and mysterious... thank you so much for sharing!

And it's just as well we don't know where they live -- some #*&$%@*# hunter would surely go after them.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are several Albino deer in Itasca State Park on the west side of MN - they are sooo cool. We got to see them when camping there.

Remined me of unicorns in the pine trees (minus the horn)

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a kid there was an Albino deer that was forever running across the road in front of cars...he never got hit though.
Then one year at hunting season, someone shot an Albino...we never saw the road crossing Albino again so we assumed it was him that was shot.

I couldn't shoot any deer, regardless of color but you know the guy who shot him did it for the "trophy"
the idiot!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Graciecat

When I was a kid there was an Albino deer that was forever running across the road in front of cars...he never got hit though.
Then one year at hunting season, someone shot an Albino...we never saw the road crossing Albino again so we assumed it was him that was shot.

I couldn't shoot any deer, regardless of color but you know the guy who shot him did it for the "trophy"
the idiot!
Figures - there is always some "butthead" out there who wants to be the big deal!!! At someone else's expense!!

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Remined me of unicorns in the pine trees (minus the horn)
And minus the 'horsiness"...Lol!!

Great pics!!

We have\\had an albino squirrel living around our place...not sure if he is still around or not, though, cause I haven't seen it since not too long after we moved in...I love albino squirrels as well as the solid black ones...