Grrrrr, men!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John wants to go to town today, to get some parts for his scooter and go to the bank. I need to go to the feed store and get wormer for my horses and some other things. He told me to get him up early so we could go and get back because he has someone coming this afternoon to get a truck and we have to clean out the truck before he gets here. I've been up since 6 a.m. and have been trying to get John up for a long time now. I keep getting "I'm sore, I'll get up when I'm ready, we'll go when I'm ready" blah blah blah. He played paint ball for a couple hours yesterday.

Well, I spent the entire day yesterday on my feet, running back and forth, taking care of animals, lifting bales of hay, cleaning, etc. I am incredibly sore today. Not to mention it's that time of the month and I just feel awful because of that. And yet, I was up at 6 a.m., already have the animals fed, my shower done, laundry done and some cleaning done. Would it really kill him to get out of bed?

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is exactly why I loathe it when DH asked me to get him up when I get up. He'll slepp past me anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours and he's such a grump when I wake him up. So, he gets one chance! I don't keep going back, if he really wants to get up he will. This weekend for example... we were at his parents and had several things to get done before we left yesterday. So, before bed Saturday he tells me to get him up when I do, knowing that when we are there I seldom sleep past 8am. Well, I actually spelt till 8:30 but I got up, got dressed and as I was leaving the room I said... "Honey, it's 8:30 and I'm getting up." He mumbled a response and I left the room. He was up about 15 minutes later because he knows I'm not an alarm clock and I don't have a "snooze" function.

Do you really need him with you to go into town? If not, I'd give him one more chance. Let him know that your leaving with or with out him in x minutes.

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Trust me, honey; it's not just men
Jess is the worst morning person on the face of the earth. I dread when she tells me to get her up when I do, because it's a nightmare worse than any I'd have while sleeping

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder how he feels about a bucket of water on his head!

Especially as he was the one demanding you go early! I'd smack him upside the head and take all the covers off him!

I'm lucky in that respect - Aaron is generally an early riser and normally doens't need a lot of encouragement to get out of bed - I'm usually the sook in that department

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Personally, I'm the one that gets up early. Getting Dottie up can be a real struggle.

And there are good reasons why I have sometimes referred to her as "the late Mrs. Blanche."

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've tried setting a variety of alarm clocks that are hidden around the room, set to go off at 5 minute intervals, which seems to work. My bf has been known to get up, have a proper coherent conversation and then go straight back to sleep for another 2 hours!

dina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

He's a man. And as we all know, men can be fairly pathetic when they're sick or sore
So true! at least with the men in my life (dad, hubby,brother) lol

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

And there are good reasons why I have sometimes referred to her as "the late Mrs. Blanche."
i am so not telling my dh about that one! he'd love it and i'd never hear the end of it!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cata_mint

I've tried setting a variety of alarm clocks that are hidden around the room, set to go off at 5 minute intervals, which seems to work. My bf has been known to get up, have a proper coherent conversation and then go straight back to sleep for another 2 hours!
That's great!!!!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cata_mint

I've done something similar too...DF is soooo bad about waking up. One more a few years backhe wanted me to make sure he got up...however I had to be to work earlier then the time he was suppose to be up.

I set every single alarm clock PLUS the alarm clock on his cell phone...about 5 times

He was sooo mad at me at first, then thanked me later...it got him up.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband is the same way which is very unlike my father and brothers. He's also good at getting out of court early and going straight home to watch TV and rest for the remainder of the work day.
In fact, today is Cesar Chavez day and I should have taken the day off, but he said that he was coming into the office today. So here I am, doing all the mundane work and waiting for him. I was so frustrated that I have been visiting TCS on and off all afternoon.
And when I get home, he's on the couch but guess who needs to cook dinner & do dishes
If being married to the boss didn't pay so well.....

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hear yah!!!

I get a call today it goes like this:

Me: Hello
Neil: Where are you?
Me: I'm at barnes and noble.
Neil: Where
Me: In Appleton
Neil: Oh
Me: Why?
Neil: I had the plant nurse look at my ear and called the oral surgeon to get more antibiotics (dental implant 1 week ago) and I couldn't remember where you got the stuff last week and had him call in a prescription.
Me: Where?
Neil: The walgreens in Depere (about 30 miles from where I currently was)
Me: Why didn't you have him call it to Target (about 5 minutes from current location)-that is where the other prescriptions were filled?
Neil: I couldn't remember plus you its right by the grocery store and the plumbing supply house (we are getting a new kitchen faucet)
Me: I went grocery shopping already (groceries in truck)
Neil: You have the groceries in the truck?
Me: This is my last stop before going home.
Neil: I guess I'll have to pic the prescription up (way out of his way)
Me: Guess so and I hang up.

I get home and there was a message on the answering machine about 90 minutes earlier about this-still to late as I had left house by 8:30 am

Grrr.....