We "met" a movie star

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We "met" him at the Denver Auto Show this weekend.

Recognize him? That's Bumblebee from Transformers. Really, THE Bumblebee that they used for shooting the movie. Talk about an impressive car! The new Camaro isn't actually out yet, and there will have to be some changes from Bumblebee to the street model...like they will have to change the side mirrors so you can actually see the road and not just the side of the car.
But still, it's a very cool car. They are pricing it to compete with the Mustang.

BTW, these wheels? $5,000 EACH! The director wanted more visual clarity on all parts of the car, so they special ordered these so they could see the hub caps on film.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooooh... if you meet Lightning McQueen from "Cars," get an autograph for me, wouldya?

(Get it? AUTOgraph? Sheeeeesh...
)

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found myself examining the people in the pics trying to spot the celebrity

After you explained it, I called my 4-year out here and he identified it right away!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not to hijack the thread, but the feeling in the auto community is that the new Camaro is going to be a big flop. Too late, too expensive, and not evocative enough of the original car.

The new Mustange has been a raging success, and it looks enough like the second generation of the Mustang (about 1968) that I've had to look twice to be sure a few times.

I would have killed for a 1968 Camaro or Charger, when they were new. Of course, I was 16 at the time!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Not to hijack the thread, but the feeling in the auto community is that the new Camaro is going to be a big flop. Too late, too expensive, and not evocative enough of the original car.

The new Mustange has been a raging success, and it looks enough like the second generation of the Mustang (about 1968) that I've had to look twice to be sure a few times.

I would have killed for a 1968 Camaro or Charger, when they were new. Of course, I was 16 at the time!
Deacon about had a fit! He loves Bumblebee

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I knew the kids would know who it was right away.

The funny thing was that there was nothing at all around the car to indicate that it was Bumblebee. Earl saw it and just wanted to take pics of it...he thought it was just a concept car. It wasn't until you talked to one of the official Chevy people that they told you who it was.