Nudist Camps???

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just curious if anyone has ever been to one or know someone who was at one. DH told me there was a nudist camp near where his one sister lived. Apparently her son went up there one time.

I would not go to one - would not really want to see a bunch of naked people running around and would not want others to see what DH has either

How about you?

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, I think we have one around here, somewhere. It's kind of been a secret desire of mine to go and see what it's like. . .

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ive never been to one and never wanted to go to one...heck Im barely comfortable with myself naked I cant imagine in front of a complete bunch of strangers...

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was one somewhere in Michigan...I think an hour or two outside of Detriot.

I thought about going when I was in my teens, until someone pointed out most of the people there aren't "sexy" nude...more like "Hairy" nude. So I never went.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
There used to be (still is?) one near Egg Harbor, NJ. Have no desire to see other naked people--besides, the women probably look better that me, and I 'd just feel inferior...

And, I'm always cold, and sunburn very easily, so it's no-go for MargeCat.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been to a nude beach once in VT.

I wore my bikini for a while (since it was "clothing optoinal") and then started to feel REALLY self-conscious after everyone kept looking at me curiously.

So then I took it off and blended right in. You just have to make sure to wear LOTS of extra sunblock.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the middle on nowhere in Oregon, there are some natural hotsprings that are clothing-optional. I used to go up there all the time. The main problem was that, even though there were signs posted about the general clothing-optional attitude, people still insisted on bringing children up there (they had bathing suits on) who were clearly uncomfortable with all the naked people hanging around. I didn't really think that was appropriate.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to bowl with a couple who had a cabin in a nudist community in northern Michigan. They invited me up to visit, but (GAK!!!) I really didn't want to see that! Besides, I'm only comfortable without clothing in the privacy of my own home!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Just curious if anyone has ever been to one or know someone who was at one. DH told me there was a nudist camp near where his one sister lived. Apparently her son went up there one time.

I would not go to one - would not really want to see a bunch of naked people running around and would not want others to see what DH has either

How about you?
When I was in college, there was a nudist camp near here. I noted some years ago the sign is no longer there. Never went there, or even close to it.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

...I'm only comfortable without clothing in the privacy of my own home!
And I'm only comfortable without clothing in the privacy of my own SHOWER.

But many moons ago, when I was briefly married (from 19 to 23), my then-husband had a work friend who lived in a clothing-optional apartment complex in Austin. One Saturday, we went out on errands, and one of his errands was delivering something to this friend.

The complex was built so that all the apartment doors were on the inside of a fully-enclosed courtyard, and there was a gate... it was all set up so no one could accidentally see inside at all. I could have waited in the car, but I was curious... so I went along.

We made it almost to the guy's apartment seeing nothing more shocking than a few people carrying strategically-placed laundry baskets and grocery bags... but then we turned a corner and suddenly, right at eye-level, there was a stark-nekkid fellow bouncing up and down on the diving board. And beyond him... nude water volleyball, nude sunbathing, nude inner-tube floating, nude barbecuing, you name it!

It was then that it dawned on me that my husband's friend might well answer the door starkers, too -- so I screeched to a halt and there I stood, trying to decide between the known nudity out here and the unknown nudity within.

I said, "Michael, I don't think I locked the car," and skedaddled.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had neighbors that were nudists... at least for a while... even the kids... they were very hippie type... because there were so few kids in my neighborhood, we use to visit each other.... I do remember one time they were all nekkid when I went there... but I could stay clothed... it was interesting... esp. coming from my prudish family! I don't think I told my parents about that... she knew they practiced it, but not in front of me... she'd never have let me near that house if she knew...

A.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brandi

Ive never been to one and never wanted to go to one...heck Im barely comfortable with myself naked I cant imagine in front of a complete bunch of strangers...
yeh, that's the same for me! i know of a few near/& around where i live. i could never go to one! to me the body is "personal", & should only be seen by yourself/& your partner.

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do these people living in nudist colonies in Michigan get around in the winter??? I'm freezing fully clothed today.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by whiteforest

How do these people living in nudist colonies in Michigan get around in the winter??? I'm freezing fully clothed today.
Yeah, it's only 41 degrees here today....needless to say, I'm fully clothed too!!!

I imagine those places are "clothing optional"....where you could opt to be clothed, to prevent feezing off your naughty bits!