look at this belly!

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Olive has a HUGE belly...She is now 58 days pregnant. Her belly is bigger than Sophie's ever was.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh she looks like a weeble wooble! That poor girl. Boy are you gonna have fun with two litters in the house. Hope they dont try to steal one another's kittens

Just another week to go. I'll be counting the days with you - good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am going to have my hands full i'm sure. lol Sophie's babies are just now getting to where they are walking around but haven't left their cage yet. Olive talks to them when they cry. lol

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Twix's kittens are getting cuter by the hour too! I can hardly wait til they get beyond the sleeping stage. I got a call from the shelter the other day asking if I'd take in another foster... but I wasnt sure about having two mommas in the house at the same time - ESPECIALLY with them not knowing each other - so I declined. Give me a couple more weeks

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sophie growls at Olive her best friend and sister sometimes. So I couldn't imagine how she would act towards a strange cat. Have fun fostering more kitties! I would love to do that one day.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awwww, but I still cannot get over a silver tabby having gold eyes! They should be green - you need to get her contact lens

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

awwww, but I still cannot get over a silver tabby having gold eyes! They should be green - you need to get her contact lens
She is just a special girl I guess. Day 59 today. It technically could be any day now I guess. She isn't showing any signs yet. All she does is sleep now though. lol

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just ran across the blue-silver standard - maybe she's a blue-silver and not a silver tabby - that could explain the eye colors she has. Will depend on what color the kits are.

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What is the difference between the blue silver tabby and the silver tabby? I really can't wait to see what colored kittens she has.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A blue silver has a bluish tint to the coat - in the pictures she kinda looks that way. A true silver tabby is a stark contrast - black markings and a really silvery coat. I'm thinking she might not be a silver.

I only recently learned about blue-silvers. Will see if I can find a good picture of one.

Here's a description - see if your cat matches one or the other.

Blue Silver Tabby: The ground color should be pure, clear silver. Markings are deep blue, affording good contrast to the light ground color. Eye color green or hazel. Nose leather and paw pads rose. NOTE: The addition of this color to the standard would apply to all ‘pattern’ areas, such as the Mc Tabby, Patched Tabby, and Patched Mc Tabby.

Silver Tabby: The ground color, including lips and chin, pale pure silver. Markings dense black. Rims of eyes, nose and lips outlined in black. Eye color green. Nose leather brick red, paw pads black or charcoal.

Silver tabby picture

http://www.alken-murray.com/DanceKing.html

Blue-silver

http://www.alken-murray.com/PixieLight.html

Pictures are not the greatest but you can kinda compare them to your cat and let us know what you think

tia's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I always find that if I have 2 litters in the house at the same time I use nail polish and paint their little nails. I do this anyway so I get accurate weights in case one kitten isn't gaining properly. Just a tip that works great.

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She is definatly a silver tabby she has black stripes not blue. Her paw pads are also dark black and not blue.

Here are some pics I took of her when she was younger.

She had green eyes for several months

When her eyes just started turning gold she was only 4 months old. Since this was taken outside it is the most lifelike color of all of them.

These litters will be 3 weeks apart so no problem telling them apart.

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I take that back she is showing signs tonight. Her milk came in and her teats are a little bagged today. Hopefully it wont be long and everyone can see what colored babies she has.

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here is a standard I found.

GREEN-EYED BLACK SILVER TABBY (a)

ORANGE-EYED BLACK SILVER TABBY (b)

Coat
Ground colour is pure silver-white ticked with black; pattern in dense black to afford a distinct contrast. Refer to general description for patterns.

Nose Leather
Brick red, outlined with black.

Paw Pads
Black or seal brown; black hair extends well up the back of the hind legs.

Eye Colour
(a) Green or yellowish green; or (b) copper or deep orange outlined with black rims

Another site says:
Eyes can be green, yellow, and orange (green preferred).

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tia's Mom

I always find that if I have 2 litters in the house at the same time I use nail polish and paint their little nails. I do this anyway so I get accurate weights in case one kitten isn't gaining properly. Just a tip that works great.
This is what I do with my kittens also. I always mark the time born, description (including gender) and weights in a notebook. If there are kittens that are close in color, then I paint their nails and note that in the book as well. Nice tip!

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have written down my last litter times born and colors as well. They are easy to tell apart so I don't have to mark them. Olives litter might not be though if there are a bunch of silver tabbies in it.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Which association is allowing the gold eye color in the silvers? As far as I know the major ones its always been green eye color.

But I have heard from a silver ASH breeder about gold eye color in silvers - and how a lot are not for this - the color should be green.

As far as colors of the kittens - do you know the father's color and also think of the silver as being genetically "black" for purposes of determining the colors. If you need, I'll help you figure out what you might have

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
oh ok well those were australia I think. She is just a mutt cat though from a yard full of cats and kittens so nothing special so she wouldn't fit in any standard. Father of these kittens is a blue longhaired cat.

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Update...Today Olive is nesting, has alot of discharge and a swollen vulva and she took a huge smelly poop a few minutes ago. Sophie had these symptoms for several days so i'm not getting my hopes up yet. She is at day 60 today.