Paws cat food

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Recently I came across a new brand of cat food in one of my local grocery stores. Being a label junkie, I squinted as hard as I could and was suprised to see a notable lack of grains in the ingredients list, especially for such an inexpensive food. I took some home and have been trying it out, and my conclusion is that it's not bad at all. Especially given the price. I'm wondering if anyone else has used this food and what your opinions are.

http://www.pawsforpets.com/cat_food_prem.htm

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lack of grains? Ok, but it looks like the food is mostly corn, and what's with all the artificial colors?

Paws Perfect Blend

INGREDIENTS: Ground yellow corn, chicken by-product meal, corn gluten meal, soybean meal, animal fat (preserved with BHA and citric acid), animal digest (salmon, turkey, liver and fish flavor), sodium bisulfate, calcium carbonate, dicalcium phosphate, brewers dried yeast, salt, dextrose, choline chloride, potassium chloride, artificial color (red #40, yellow #5, yellow #6, blue #1), taurine, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, zinc oxide, copper sulfate, niacin, vitamin A supplement, calcium pantothenate, manganous oxide, thiamine mononitrate (source of vitamin B1), riboflavin supplement (source of vitamin B2 ), pyridoxine hydrochloride (source of vitamin B6 ), biotin, vitamin B12 supplement, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K activity), sodium selenite, folic acid, calcium iodate, vitamin D3 supplement, cobalt carbonate.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ew.

1) by-products
2) corny, yuck
3) BHA
4) soybean anything just goes in one end & out the other
5) "animal" anything is gross....

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Ew.

1) by-products
2) corny, yuck
3) BHA
4) soybean anything just goes in one end & out the other
5) "animal" anything is gross....
for a supermarket food, it's not bad... the premium one, anyway.
i found one similar, ingredient-wise, at my local Kroger. called "Disney" food, has Simba & Nala on the package. it's the best i've found in the grocery store - sometimes i need food & can't make it to the pet or feed store at the open hours. grocery is open 24 hours a day.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've fed the Paws Professional to the outdoor cats. It's comparable to Wal-marts and Sams Maxximium nutrition. Even looks identical and the formula is very similar.
An ok food, no dyes or weird preservatives - so I assume that might be the one you're referring to? http://www.pawsforpets.com/cat_food_pro.htm If not, I wouldn't suggest the two lower quality ones they make.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I've fed the Paws Professional to the outdoor cats. It's comparable to Wal-marts and Sams Maxximium nutrition. Even looks identical and the formula is very similar.
An ok food, no dyes or weird preservatives - so I assume that might be the one you're referring to? http://www.pawsforpets.com/cat_food_pro.htm If not, I wouldn't suggest the two lower quality ones they make.
that gets a decent enough for some to feed