I am such an idiot!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I totally forgot I was supposed to go out for my friend's birthday tonight
A group of us and her were meeting at a restaurant and the place is about an hour away from me and I was supposed to get home from work, get ready and go to be there by 6. She called a couple minutes ago to see where I was and I'm sitting here in my PJs playing the arcade

I hope she isn't too mad
I swear I would forget my head if it weren't attached!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd say get out of your jammies and go!

That Arcade is starting to become a bad habit for me...I was up til 2 AM playing it then was up again and playing by 8:30 am this morning.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

OMG! Are you going to try and go now?

You must be a busy girl lately!
I am a busy girl! I work 7 days a week, go to school and take care of 13 cats
Had a lot on my mind lately too

Originally Posted by lunasmom

I'd say get out of your jammies and go!

That Arcade is starting to become a bad habit for me...I was up til 2 AM playing it then was up again and playing by 8:30 am this morning.
By the time I got dressed and got out there they'd be done with their meal, no point in me driving an hour for nothing. Plus I can't stay out that late cause I have to be at work at 6 a.m.
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Did you tell her what you were doing Katie?
I think the arcade sounds in the background might have been a hint

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would have been the same as you and stayed in my jim jams. I must remember i'm out for dinner with friends on tuesday. I can see it now if Karen my friend rings me up asking why i havent picked her up in the taxi

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've found that unless I write stuff down it's out of my head
We even talked about it yesterday! I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I've found that unless I write stuff down it's out of my head
We even talked about it yesterday! I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached
i put reminders on my cell phone. i set it to ring early enough that i can get ready for wherever it is i'm going.

arie85

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

i put reminders on my cell phone. i set it to ring early enough that i can get ready for wherever it is i'm going.
That's a good idea but if you use the computer a lot I'd say it would be better to put reminder in your email.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While your company was surely missed, your friends will understand how busy you are....You do need some time for yourself, otherwise you could get sick
If you forgot, then IMO, it's a sign from your brain that you had already reached circuit overload, and if you drove an hour after dinner back home, you could have been too tired to be a safe driver. The CHP says that sleepy drivers are more of a hazard than drunk drivers

So, what are you gonna do to make it up to your friend???

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by arie85

That's a good idea but if you use the computer a lot I'd say it would be better to put reminder in your email.
except the phone is always either in my pocket or sitting next to me. computer isn't always on or with me like the phone is.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'd forget to set the alrm or it would go off and I'd wonder what it was for

Originally Posted by arie85

I do have a site bookmarked that does e-mail reminders

Originally Posted by catsknowme

While your company was surely missed, your friends will understand how busy you are....You do need some time for yourself, otherwise you could get sick
If you forgot, then IMO, it's a sign from your brain that you had already reached circuit overload, and if you drove an hour after dinner back home, you could have been too tired to be a safe driver. The CHP says that sleepy drivers are more of a hazard than drunk drivers

So, what are you gonna do to make it up to your friend???
that's true, I did lose my voice this week, so maybe I'm gearing up to be sick
We did actually go out to lunch yesterday, and her birthday isn't until Wednesday, so I'll get her balloons or something

except the phone is always either in my pocket or sitting next to me. computer isn't always on or with me like the phone is.
that's the problem with my cell too, I never have it on me during the weekend

I need to attach a sticky note to my forehead is what I need to do

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I'd forget to set the alrm or it would go off and I'd wonder what it was for

during the weekend
no, i set the alarm at the time when i put the reminder on my calendar [on the phone]. i also type in what the reminder's for. example: on april 7th, i start work for the new show. this is what the reminder says: rehearsal @ theatre @ 7pm. it's set to ring @ 530pm, which gives me an hour to get ready to leave by 630pm.
don't usually need that long, but i can always reset it when it rings to go off later if i don't need that much time.