TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I am such an idiot!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I am such an idiot!

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 


I totally forgot I was supposed to go out for my friend's birthday tonight A group of us and her were meeting at a restaurant and the place is about an hour away from me and I was supposed to get home from work, get ready and go to be there by 6. She called a couple minutes ago to see where I was and I'm sitting here in my PJs playing the arcade

I hope she isn't too mad I swear I would forget my head if it weren't attached!!
post #2 of 13
OMG! Are you going to try and go now?

You must be a busy girl lately!
post #3 of 13
I'd say get out of your jammies and go!

That Arcade is starting to become a bad habit for me...I was up til 2 AM playing it then was up again and playing by 8:30 am this morning.
post #4 of 13
Did you tell her what you were doing Katie?
post #5 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
OMG! Are you going to try and go now?

You must be a busy girl lately!
I am a busy girl! I work 7 days a week, go to school and take care of 13 cats Had a lot on my mind lately too
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasmom View Post
I'd say get out of your jammies and go!

That Arcade is starting to become a bad habit for me...I was up til 2 AM playing it then was up again and playing by 8:30 am this morning.
By the time I got dressed and got out there they'd be done with their meal, no point in me driving an hour for nothing. Plus I can't stay out that late cause I have to be at work at 6 a.m.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiemac View Post
Did you tell her what you were doing Katie?
I think the arcade sounds in the background might have been a hint
post #6 of 13
I would have been the same as you and stayed in my jim jams. I must remember i'm out for dinner with friends on tuesday. I can see it now if Karen my friend rings me up asking why i havent picked her up in the taxi
post #7 of 13
Thread Starter 
I've found that unless I write stuff down it's out of my head We even talked about it yesterday! I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemae1277 View Post
I've found that unless I write stuff down it's out of my head We even talked about it yesterday! I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached
i put reminders on my cell phone. i set it to ring early enough that i can get ready for wherever it is i'm going.
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by laureen227 View Post
i put reminders on my cell phone. i set it to ring early enough that i can get ready for wherever it is i'm going.
That's a good idea but if you use the computer a lot I'd say it would be better to put reminder in your email.
post #10 of 13
While your company was surely missed, your friends will understand how busy you are....You do need some time for yourself, otherwise you could get sick If you forgot, then IMO, it's a sign from your brain that you had already reached circuit overload, and if you drove an hour after dinner back home, you could have been too tired to be a safe driver. The CHP says that sleepy drivers are more of a hazard than drunk drivers
So, what are you gonna do to make it up to your friend???
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by arie85 View Post
That's a good idea but if you use the computer a lot I'd say it would be better to put reminder in your email.
except the phone is always either in my pocket or sitting next to me. computer isn't always on or with me like the phone is.
post #12 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by laureen227 View Post
i put reminders on my cell phone. i set it to ring early enough that i can get ready for wherever it is i'm going.
I'd forget to set the alrm or it would go off and I'd wonder what it was for
Quote:
Originally Posted by arie85 View Post
That's a good idea but if you use the computer a lot I'd say it would be better to put reminder in your email.
I do have a site bookmarked that does e-mail reminders
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsknowme View Post
While your company was surely missed, your friends will understand how busy you are....You do need some time for yourself, otherwise you could get sick If you forgot, then IMO, it's a sign from your brain that you had already reached circuit overload, and if you drove an hour after dinner back home, you could have been too tired to be a safe driver. The CHP says that sleepy drivers are more of a hazard than drunk drivers
So, what are you gonna do to make it up to your friend???
that's true, I did lose my voice this week, so maybe I'm gearing up to be sick We did actually go out to lunch yesterday, and her birthday isn't until Wednesday, so I'll get her balloons or something
Quote:
Originally Posted by laureen227 View Post
except the phone is always either in my pocket or sitting next to me. computer isn't always on or with me like the phone is.
that's the problem with my cell too, I never have it on me during the weekend

I need to attach a sticky note to my forehead is what I need to do
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemae1277 View Post
I'd forget to set the alrm or it would go off and I'd wonder what it was for
during the weekend
no, i set the alarm at the time when i put the reminder on my calendar [on the phone]. i also type in what the reminder's for. example: on april 7th, i start work for the new show. this is what the reminder says: rehearsal @ theatre @ 7pm. it's set to ring @ 530pm, which gives me an hour to get ready to leave by 630pm.
don't usually need that long, but i can always reset it when it rings to go off later if i don't need that much time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I am such an idiot!