What do you let your cats get away with?

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I let my cats get away with so much! I canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t be the only one lol. I wanted to see what other stories are out there about what bad things your cat does that you let them get away with.

For me the worst is letting my baby Capone drink from our drinking glasses. Its so cute! he will stick his head in our narrow glasses barely fitting, his face all distorted and kneed his paws lovingly into the table while drinking… we know its bad and its gets us gross looks from our guests but we now have a habit of getting 3 glasses, one for me, one for my boyfriend and one for Caponey.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty much everything. Except for getting on the coffee table or kitchen counters. Which he does anyway when he thinks he won't get caught.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think most of us let our cats get away with a lot. Mine get away with just about everything except walking on the coffee table and picking on one another. Oh, and when I'm up before DH I do my best to keep Wickett downstairs otherwise he'll go cry until "daddy" wakes up to join the rest of us.

courtney_ou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
everything except:
they arent allowed on the cabinets (for fear theyll get on the stove) but they dont really do that anyway, no drinking out of my glass (but im sure it happens lol), no drinking out of the toilet, no running out the door, no stealing food off my plate but i give them bites off my fork.
pretty much the things i dont allow them to do is for their own safety cuz i dont want them to get sick or hurt. of course, that doesnt mean they listen LOL

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, I keep the toilet lid down, and tell them 'down' and lift them off the counters, but I've turned into a real softie since I adopted mine - there's not a piece of furniture they've not been on (and my living room 'comfy' chair is certainly theirs - Dante sleeps on the seat, Dharma on the top of the back) and, of course, they get the most space on my bed. I don't let them steal food from my plates, though - although I've given them a bit of cooked ham or chicken now and again.

Hmm, is it significant that I have a cat stroller parked in front of my fireplace since the weather is cold? And that I ask all tradespeople about how they interact with cats before hiring them?

courtney_ou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
you sound like me except i broke my toilet lid standing on it to dig in the cabinet. i havent bothered to replace it since its a reoccuring thing hahaha

i bought a black bean bag footstool around the same time i got chloe. its kinda weird looking; the sides are really tight-knit material but the top is spandex. it has become the cats favorite place to lounge. its known as the black thing and its taken over one end of the couch. they like to bake biscuits on it so it has numerous microscopic holes in it and leaks teeny tiny styrofoam beads all over my apt. its slowly getting deeper in the middle but since i love my kitties so much i cant stand getting rid of it (plus i cant find another) so my apt(my hair, the cats, my clothes, the furniture, places i go...
) will just have to look like colorado in winter

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat gets away with everything but not since I exactly let her
If I only had my way...

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only rules my cats have are - not allowed on the kitchen benches when I'm cooking, and not allowed on the table when I eat.

Other than that they do as they please

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silvionc

I let my cats get away with so much! I canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t be the only one lol. I wanted to see what other stories are out there about what bad things your cat does that you let them get away with.

For me the worst is letting my baby Capone drink from our drinking glasses. Its so cute! he will stick his head in our narrow glasses barely fitting, his face all distorted and kneed his paws lovingly into the table while drinking… we know its bad and its gets us gross looks from our guests but we now have a habit of getting 3 glasses, one for me, one for my boyfriend and one for Caponey.
Persi gets away with everything he wants to. Which reminds me, we are having fish tonight and he will be eating off of my plate while I am still eating off of my plate.

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well lets see, lets start with getting on the counter, something Monster was NEVER allowed to do, & Mittens will only jump up there when its feeding time. When i got hit by a truck & was in the hospital for a month, whenever he got fed they started feeding him on the counter. then when i came home, i got kinda sick of having a hard time splitting the can in half since Monster was always blockin my view of the plate while portioning it. & after we got Mittens, i want to make sure they get the same amount, and i stopped feeding him on the counter. now they eat on the floor again. Mittens gets away wit climbing the curtains, when we notice we stop her, but she still does it anyway. Monster gets away with using the wooden door frames as a scratching post, since ive tried several different kinds of posts but he doesnt like to scratch anything but wood.& when he was way little, he got away with climbing the frames, but as he got older he stopped doing it. they get away with waking me up, breaking the blinds, so my bfs mom has started to replace every blind in the house with some weird kind that cant be broken. they get away with ruining the table cloth on the kitchen table, but we never eat on it anyway(ive lived here for 4 1/2 yrs & have never once used that table to eat off of). bfs mom keeps buying new ones & theyre ruined within a day cuz of the kitties claws. i tried to tell her not to even bother putting a table cloth since it wil b ruined, but she thinks the table looks stupid without one. o well. Monster gets away with getting on top of the fridge. & Mittens gets away wit begging for food when im eating.

basically they get away with everything.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They aren't supposed to get on the kitchen counters, but Ginger does it anyway.

They aren't supposed to get on the dining room table, and we try really hard to enforce that because it's a custom made oak butcher block table. They're actually pretty good about that.

Earl won't let them scuffle with Ophelia, but any of the other 3 can.

Other than that, it's their house...I just clean up after them.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Punkin walks across the kitchen table to get to the ledge between the kitchen and dining room. And they both sleep on the dining room table, about half the time. Of course, we almost never eat out there.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine get away with pretty much everything except eating off my plate until I am done with it. I tried to keep them off the counters, but it is just easier to put stuff that was on the counter in the cabinet. I am trying to break Fluffy of getting too close to the stove. Not because she has gotten burned, I am just scared she will take one of the not so bright kitties up there with her. She seems to be the smartest of the bunch.
They let me do mostly whatever I want, though.