Drooling..

silv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,

I'm curious about a behavior I'm noticing in one of my two cats. They're both 9 months old, (and both very lovable), but one has a habit of drooling alot when she's with me by the computer.

She also does this when she's with my sister, again in front of the computer. With her (my sister), she likes to climb up and sniff and lick the keys, but she also leaves behind big spitballs. We know it's not coming out of her nose either.

Has anyone noticed this, or know why she's doing this, and how to make her stop? She doesn't do it any other time, just when she's around keyboards.

Thanks...
Albert.

lucyfur007

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One of my previous cats Kudos drooled whenever he started to purr, vet never gave us a reason so we believed it was just because he was purring too much to close his mouth.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have this too with my stray cat I have just brought in. I asked my vet about this today and she said she will check his teeth while they are neutering him. He doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t really drool for any reason (Purring, eating, sleeping etc.. he just drools for no apparent reason… unless I smell bad as yayi mentioned! LOL) also the room we are keeping him in has drool trails all over lol.

I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t mind it too much, being a previous owner or a rottie with flappy lips has made me thinking drooling is the cutest thing, as long as it doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t mean heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s sick. I am also curious if anyone has this same issue.

helen863

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My friends cat drools constantly, it gets worse if you pet her. You cant have her on your knee without a small puddle. Its really unfortunate, really makes the whole petting experience less enjoyable. Poor thing. No idea why either. She has no other problems and is perfectly healthy, and she has been doing it as long as ive known her and doesnt appear to be running out of drool any time soon.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Silv

Hi all,

I'm curious about a behavior I'm noticing in one of my two cats. They're both 9 months old, (and both very lovable), but one has a habit of drooling alot when she's with me by the computer.

She also does this when she's with my sister, again in front of the computer. With her (my sister), she likes to climb up and sniff and lick the keys, but she also leaves behind big spitballs. We know it's not coming out of her nose either.

Has anyone noticed this, or know why she's doing this, and how to make her stop? She doesn't do it any other time, just when she's around keyboards.

Thanks...
Albert.
I think it has generally been decided in the past that this indicates your cat is happy. My Alley drools when she kneads me. And she is very happy when she does that.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Actually thinking this over I remember my first cat I ever had when I was a child use to sleep on my hair, kneed my head and drool heavily into my hair. My mom took him to the vet thinking it was a sexual thing (like dogs humping) and the vet said that kitten do this to produce milk when they are nursing their Moms.

I totally forgot about that. R.I.P my Whiskey, my first baby. I miss you.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Several of our cats drool when they're happy, especially when being petted. When it's a lap thing, we just try to grab one of the many throw blankets we have around and keep tissues handy.

Laurie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

silv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Great - thank you all for your responses.

I'll have to test a theory by getting an old keyboard, take it to the kitchen or something and see if she drools all over that.

My computer area is generally pretty clean, and my sister's laptop is spotless as well.. She doesn't other times, not even when we're giving her some love watching TV or just playing around.

Odd..