Time to get up

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are two most likely things that would wake your cat up? For Popsie it would be if somebody came over and ran the doorbell or knocked. He has to know who's here. The next thing would be if I was cooking.

georgespal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My alarm clock (wakes both of us up), and when the phone rings he gets all hyper and runs away.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hubby calling "babies" when it is time for their special (wet food)

they will be sound asleep and when he calls they are instantly awake

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends on the cat.

Kuce - cream cheese and can opener
Luvbug - can opener and someone at the door
Lil' Jag - treat bag and someone at the door

blast-off-girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats can sleep through anything - even the phone ringing. However, they do wake up when they hear the rustling of any paper bag because they automatically assume that it is a bag of food for them (most of the time it's not). My cats have learned to tune out TV, music, phones, my roommates, etc.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

Not much besides the can opener
Yep, same as for Kitty! Also if I go out of the room then I MUST be going to the kitchen so I find myself sneaking about when he`s asleep or I get an earful from him

Maisie wakes up at the slightest noise. When I`m laying on the bed with her and she`s sleeping I get very numb from trying not to move too much

creativgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

Maisie wakes up at the slightest noise. When I`m laying on the bed with her and she`s sleeping I get very numb from trying not to move too much
Rocky's the same way. He gives me this "Hey, do you mind?" look if I move and it wakes him up.

Oliver will wake up for anything having to do with food or scritches.

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Monster will normally sleep thru most things. but when he hears dry food being poured into his bowl, he will be awake and in the kitchen. also the treats being shaken. & when its time for wet food & i call out,"babies, time to eat!" he will be right there.

Mittens is a really light sleeper, so just about anything will wake her. if shes in another room sleeping on the bed & i walk in the room, she hears it no matter how quiet i am. just the other day, i went in the room & she was sleepin so heavily for once, she didnt move. her face was literally IN the blanket, & i was afraid she couldnt breathe. i pet her, she didnt move again, which suprised me, so i checked to see if she was breathing, since her sleeping so heavily is unusual. i moved her head so she could breathe better, & yet again she didnt wake up. a while later, i put dry food in both of their bowls, & that sure did wake her up, from the other end of the house.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Arwen and Shark both wake up to the sound of their food boxes being shaken so they know it's time to eat, and Arwen knows the sound of my bedroom door opening now, so she will be alert as soon as she hears it (the handle clicks and my door creaks slightly)

Brandy...well, he will sleep through everything except the sound of the food boxes!