Least expensive high quality wet foods?

grumpycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feed a variety of grain free dry foods to my three cats, and I try to include wet food as often as I can (every few days right now). My biggest problem is that with 3 greedy boys high quality wet foods add up super quick. Can anyone give me some new ideas on the least expensive, but still good quality wet foods?

Requirements:
No by products
No glutens
No BHA or ethoxquin
As few grains as possible

They LOVE fishy flavors and flake style food.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
what have you tried ???... are you wanting LOW carb???.. I ask because MOST food I consider premium are lower in carbs than say a grocery food and there is a link I can dig up for you...
Define BY PRODUCT ??? are you meaning NO heads , feet type stuff??
natural balance makes a few no grains

solid gold

nutro

pro pac

eagle pack

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your best bet might be the brands that come in the larger cans (13.2 ounces), like California Natural and Felidae.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by cloud_shade

Your best bet might be the brands that come in the larger cans (13.2 ounces), like California Natural and Felidae.
very true //// in some areas the 5.5 oz is 1.25 yet the 13 is 1.75

eagle pack makes a number of bigger ones

nutro makes a few but they are harder to find

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

grumpycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nutro has wheat gluten in all of their foods, so that's a no.

I checked out the bigger cans and there's some better deals there. The felidae is awfully cheap, but i'm not sure how much they would prefer that flavor. The california natural I know they like. I liked that you could get a variety pack of the eagle pack.

Sharky, by byproducts, I mean: no chicken byproducts, no meat byproducts, no beef byproducts...etc. The higher the meat content, the lower the grain (carbs) so yes, I am looking for lower carbs in a sense, but more directly, i'm looking for high meat content.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GrumpyCat

Nutro has wheat gluten in all of their foods, so that's a no.

I checked out the bigger cans and there's some better deals there. The felidae is awfully cheap, but i'm not sure how much they would prefer that flavor. The california natural I know they like. I liked that you could get a variety pack of the eagle pack.

Sharky, by byproducts, I mean: no chicken byproducts, no meat byproducts, no beef byproducts...etc. The higher the meat content, the lower the grain (carbs) so yes, I am looking for lower carbs in a sense, but more directly, i'm looking for high meat content.
Nutro does NOT have wheat gluten in all foods .... the packet/ pouches/ some 3 oz yes but the reg canned no

I was asking cause TECHNICALLY organs are by products thou most of us dont think of them...

add

weruva

petguard

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

grumpycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just went back and looked at their regular cans, not the gourmet cans, and you're right. I just assumed if the gourmet had wheat gluten, the regular would be really bad.

And no, when organ meat is named, I have no problem with that. It's the "mystery meat" that bothers me.

I love all the flavors of weruva and I bet the cats would too, but yikes they're pricey!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GrumpyCat

I just went back and looked at their regular cans, not the gourmet cans, and you're right. I just assumed if the gourmet had wheat gluten, the regular would be really bad.

And no, when organ meat is named, I have no problem with that. It's the "mystery meat" that bothers me.

I love all the flavors of weruva and I bet the cats would too, but yikes they're pricey!
they can be but here I found a store that has 5.5 for 1.26 and wed is 10% off day so it comes to 1.13 ... yet the "discount" pet has them at 1.39 to 1.59