I almost had a heart attack...

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was just looking at my health insurance claims on line and saw one of my ER trips and it said "$26,902.75 - Denied".

It felt like my heart dropped.

Then I noticed above that was the same amount which is all covered. PHEW!!!!! They must have submitted it incorrectly the first time.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a way to test out those "new heart upgrades", eh?
I would've wet my pants.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats not nice of them to scare you like that, especially after a heart surgury

Glad its covered

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Holy smokes!! $27,000.00 for one trip to the ER?!
Because of the amount of pain I was in (in my chest area), I had every test under the sun and was kept in for another 12 hours for monitoring. Of that $27,000, the negotiated amount that the health insurance paid was $7,000. Which I guess is still pretty crazy - imagine if I didn't have health insurance...

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always hate the statements the local hospital will send that have a list of charges and at the bottom in very small text "this is not a bill, your insurance has been filed". If it's not a bill why is there always a detachable part and a return envelope? In hope to give someone a good scare or maybe someone will accidentally pay the full amount out of confusion?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! I soooo would have freaked too! I try not to look at how much things cost...just what I owe