Thank you all for the bathing tips!

katzyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
About two months ago, or so, I posted here about how unruly and naughty my kitten Startus was in the bath (bit me, climbed the curtains to get away, ect.), and several people gave me some ideas, tips, and advice about how to safely, and more calmly, give him a bath.

Well, not even ten minutes ago, I finished giving him a bath, in my parents shower (it's one of those walk in showers; no tub). I had him in his harness, slip-tied to the handlebar, and used the hand attachment to shower him, only having the water on when I needed it, and it totally worked! Not only did he not bite me, but he barely even meowed. Sure, he did try to get away, but since he was tied, it was much easier to work with him.

Of course, now he hates me for the time being, but at least he's clean and doesn't smell like canned cat food anymore! =D

Thanks, everyone. <3

EDIT~I'd add pics, but my FireFox is being over protective and won't let me upload to Photobucket...o_o

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great - a little strange way to give a bath, but if it works for you....more power to you.

I just wash them in the tub - Charlie loves his show baths

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well done. Glad you found a way to suit you and Startus.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katzyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

That's great - a little strange way to give a bath, but if it works for you....more power to you.

I just wash them in the tub - Charlie loves his show baths
I wish Stratus liked baths...As it is, you even take him NEAR the bath tub, or a sink, and he flips out (literally). That's why I used my parents shower, instead. Also, with the shower, there were no curtains for him to climb. =3

He got over his unhappiness shortly, and took a long nap on my chest yesterday about an hour after I posted this. He smells SO good. <3 Now, if only I could get him to let me comb out his fur a bit. =3