Ribbons - please help me decide

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel like buying some of the ribbons from the shop but I'm not sure what colour to get.

Can as many people as possible post what colour/s of ribbon you think I should buy from the TCS shop?

I can't buy the colours I have already got though so please don't vote for the colours I have already got.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Buying ribbons really isn't about the color or what others think. Showing a ribbon in your profile is for highlighting a cause that is very personal and important to you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Buying ribbons really isn't about the color or what others think. Showing a ribbon in your profile is for highlighting a cause that is very personal and important to you.
I know but I want to get another one but not sure which one to go for.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree - the purpose is that you support that cause(s) - not what color it happens to be. There are colors on there I like, but don't agree in supporting the cause - at this time

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, as others have said, get one that has some meaning to you.

My choices were for Aids, Breast Cancer and Heart and Lung. I chose those because I have had dear friends and family die from one of those.

Have a look at the ribbons and what each is for and think about your friends, family, co-workers, world situation, charities, moving stories that you have heard about other peoples' struggle with something, and pick a ribbon based on that.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Have a look at the ribbons and what each is for and think about your friends, family, co-workers, world situation, charities, moving stories that you have heard about other peoples' struggle with something, and pick a ribbon based on that.
That`s how I chose my ribbons

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Each ribbon of mine lists something I have personally struggled through and/or am currently dealing with.
same w/mine...

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The ribbons I've purchased are for people who are dear to me, who have been affected by something the ribbon represents. Several were purchased because I work with surgeons who specialize in that particular medical specialty, and who's work I admire.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a gold ribbon which represents Childhood Cancer, I purchased this ribbon in honor of my son. I have thought about buying a teal ribbon for Ovarian Cancer as my MIL passed of this last year, and also an orange ribbon for my sister who passed of Lymphoma 3 years ago.

Cancer really sucks - all the ribbons have different meanings to everyone.

Regarding the ribbons, I wish that when you mouse-over them, they could say who they were for instead of the broad range they represent. Kind of like when you mouse over the other girts - they show the message sent with them. I like that.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Every ribbon I have represents a specific person or persons I know who've had to deal with the problem.
my maroon one is for me, my white one is in memory of my grandmother. the pink is for my mom.
Originally Posted by Marianjela

Regarding the ribbons, I wish that when you mouse-over them, they could say who they were for instead of the broad range they represent. Kind of like when you mouse over the other girts - they show the message sent with them. I like that.
that would be nice, wouldn't it! it's odd, because you can type in a message when you buy it, but then the message never shows...

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

I have a gold ribbon which represents Childhood Cancer, I purchased this ribbon in honor of my son. I have thought about buying a teal ribbon for Ovarian Cancer as my MIL passed of this last year, and also an orange ribbon for my sister who passed of Lymphoma 3 years ago.

Cancer really sucks - all the ribbons have different meanings to everyone.

I've just bought one (golden) for your son. and
for him!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Content not colour
Personal not a poll. My two cents

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I've just bought one (golden) for your son. and
for him!
Ahhhh - thank you! That was very sweet of you. They definitely mean more when they represent someone! I think of the brave people that stand behind all these ribbons and all they've endured every time I see them!

ibelonginthezoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Speaking of ribbons, is there a way to add a color of ribbon for a cause that isn't listed? Or at least and a cause to an existing ribbon?

The color Terquoise represents Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH). CHD is a condition where a baby is born with a hole in his or her diaphram. This causes the intestines, liver, stomach, etc. to leak out of that hole and go into the chest cavity. This causes the lungs and heart to be "squished" and to be underdeveloped because of lack of room to grow.

Only about 50% of babies born with this bith defect will survive. My cousin, Jacob, was born with this condition. He spent his ENTIRE 5 months and 25 days in the NICU (he NEVER go a chance to go home).

Mondy, March 31st is CDH Awareness Day. Please, if possible, wear somthing terquoise in memory, and in honor of all the sweet babies who have been, or ever will be, born with this terrible, little know about, potentially fatal, bith defect CDH.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by IBelongInTheZoo

Speaking of ribbons, is there a way to add a color of ribbon for a cause that isn't listed? Or at least and a cause to an existing ribbon?
This is exactly why I think it would be nice that the message appear with the ribbon when moused-over, instead of the cause. Especially when one color represents so many different things! When you purchase the ribbon, there is a spot to type in your message, yet it's only displayed on the profile page.