so mad!

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i just rang the RSPCA after witnessing a man kicking and hitting his dog. the woman that was with him did nothing other than manage to catch the dog when it was running scared from him. and then he promptly kicked it.

i wanted to go outside and say something and i feel pathetic that i didn't. believe me i will be watching for him and i will follow him until i find his address. the girl from the RSPCA said she would send a unit out to look around for him but they really need his address. the poor dog, a staffy, was so terrified.

the couple had a young child with them and i dread to think what could happen to her. my son thinks the reason the woman did nothing to stop him hitting the dog was because she probably gets a slap too.

things like this make me lose faith in my fellow humans. how the heck can you do that? i watched 2 sets of families fall apart recently due to the death of their beloved dogs and this monster cares not one bit about how his very much alive dog is feeling.

the girl also asked me if i wanted to know what steps they take. i said as long as it involves, well, this is a family site but i guess you can all work it out.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wouldn't have been able to keep my mouth shut
If you can follow him when you see him again even better. Did you get the name of the girl at the RSPCA?. It's just i like to deal with the same person if i can.

The moron what he is!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i know, it's so hard though. i got assaulted a few weeks ago and i'm not as brave as i used to be. not that the poor staffy knew that. i will follow him and i will get the kids i work with that live around here to look for him too. someone must know him.

i didn't think to get her name! i was so upset when i rang.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless you!

You know a lot of people would have just done nothing, said they didn`t want to get involved, not their responsibility blah, blah, blah...
Thank God there are people like you who are willing to do something

Obviously don`t put yourself in danger from this moron. If you got their address that would be amazing. I watched a programe about the RSPCA and they went to see these people because they were accused of abusing their dog and they got the owner to go to the other side of the room while the officer held the dog then asked them to call it. It was so sad. This dog ( again a Staffie ) just cowered down and looked terrified. I think they were `encouraged` to hand the dog over to the officer for rehoming.

yiplong

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tab

i watched 2 sets of families fall apart recently due to the death of their beloved dogs and this monster cares not one bit about how his very much alive dog is feeling.
What worries me most is not that people would hit their dog but that family would fall apart due to the death of a dog.

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yiplong

What worries me most is not that people would hit their dog but that family would fall apart due to the death of a dog.
I'm not sure if you've misunderstood the statement, but I think what Tab was meaning was that the members of the families fell apart in grief, not that the actual familial unit was damaged. If you didn't misunderstand, then some of us consider our animals as full members of the families, and not just pets, and take the deaths of our beloved companions very hard.

Tab - Thank you for calling to report that awful "man". Hopefully the dog will be taken away and placed with a loving family who deserves it.

Tricia

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope something good is done about it..
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

The good thing is the RSPCA have been given more power to prosecute people now, so hopefully karma comes and bites him!
The only problem is that the RSPCA is flaky (to put it nicely), there's problems in the upper ranks and at shelter level and many really upsetting stories...

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Please understand that to a lot of people, myself included, a family pet is part of the family, and when you lose that pet then a family member has died.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

as others have so rightly pointed out, i did mean in an emotional way rather than a family split. having lost my beloved lurcher on valentines day, the pain is still very raw and it only adds to it seeing someone abusing a creature that they should be treasuring. i'm sorry that you misunderstood me but thanks everyone else for explaining.

i have not seen the man or the dog yet but i will be taking my collie on some long walks around the neighbourhood this weekend (we normally go up to the downs or to the beach) to see if i can spot him.

strange_wings, i share your concerns about the RSPCA but i can get other local rescue centers involved if needs be. i'll do everything in my power not let that poor dog suffer for much longer.