I should know better

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really should know better by now than to leave any human food on my kitchen counter. See, I have this very naughty and spoiled 15-year-old cat, who has a fondness for certain human foods, especially anything involving chicken or pizza/spaghetti sauce. Last night, for example, I had crockpot chicken and dumplings for dinner. I had a serving myself and left the crockpot with the lid off sitting on the counter. It was pretty yummy, so I went back for a second helping only to find Katie on the counter, with her head in the crockpot.
I said her name sharply and her head quickly emerged from the pot. She had gravy all over her face and whiskers!

When will I learn?

skinnycat75

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I remember once years ago my cat removed the entire leg from the thanksgiving turkey before we had a chance to cook it ...being cat lovers we cooked and ate the rest eww lol

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Eileen, I think it is about time you know something, Katie has been drugging your coffee so you don't remember.

She does sound so cute with the gravy covered whiskers.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
yeah, I've been know to put food in the moicrowave, in the oven, up on a top shelf, all to keep it away from my little food hounds

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds just like a little boy named Bayley that lives with me

I'm sure she really enjoyed her dinner that you made for her though

mistysmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That sounds just like my Midnight. I have to hide food ALL OF THE TIME! He absolutely LOVES coffee and will stalk me to try and grab the cup and make me spill it just so he can have some. He will go to great lengths to knock the entire pot off the counter!
Once, he jumped right up in my hubby's lap and snatched a boiled egg right off his plate. He is very bold. My Misty (R.I.P.) was a lady and wouldn't dream of touching anyone's plate. You could walk away from it or drop food on the floor and she could care less. She had manners. I miss her.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your post, I just thought this was hilarious and had to share as well.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your story reminded me of something that happened when I was pet sitting for my Aunt and Uncle in the Catskills. It was winter and I decided to make a nice veal stew in the crock pot. All day we smelled that stew. I sat down at the table. Tober, the dog, sat next to me. I gave him some veal. Pussy Girl (that was her name), jumped up on the table, walked over to me, put her paw on my arm and meowed loudly. So, I ate the veggies and they ate the veal.

creativgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MistysMom

He absolutely LOVES coffee and will stalk me to try and grab the cup and make me spill it just so he can have some. He will go to great lengths to knock the entire pot off the counter!
So I'm not the only one who's had a cat who liked coffee? Does Midnight like it hot, room temperature or iced? My RB calico Peaches had a thing for iced coffee.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Seems like I always miss out on photo opportunities with Katie because the camera isn't handy or I left it at work.

She was so cute with the gravy on her whiskers, I couldn't be mad.

I love hearing the stories about other peoples' "hungry" kitties.