Question of the Day - March 27th!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a dentist appointment today
How often do you go to the dentist? Ever have a cavity? I'm pretty sure I have at least one right now

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't go to the dentist for several years but as of the last 2 I have been going every 6 months.
I don't have and cavities right now, or at least I had better not I just had tons of dental work done...I grind my teeth so had to have some reconstruction done on several.

beck4582

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I haven't been in a couple of years due to insurance...
I have it now, though, and just need to find time to take off and go. I've had a ton of cavities, even though I brush well, use rinse, and floss. I just have the kind of teeth that develop them easy.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They usually like you to go every 6 months here in the UK, but i go once a year.

Tom, my dentist has a poster off all different cat breeds on the ceiling so you get your mind taken off anything that has to be done when you lie back in the chair

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate the dentist, but usually I am glad I went afterwards. I am due for a cleaning right now and I am supposed to go every 6 months. My dentist and all the women that work for him are beyond sweet
And they always ask to see pics of our cats
Oh and yeah I have cavities and just had a crown about 6 months ago

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't gone in about 2 years because of insurance

I had cavities when I was younger, but none since

I need to get and get my wisdom teeth taken out though, they drive me nuts!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go every 6 months and it doesn't bother me at all!! If I need work done I don't get novacain either. When we were growing up our dentist never used it so I don't like the needle and the numbness-its quicker just to drill and fill!!

No probs with the teeth either but I don't like to floss!!

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I absolutely, positively hate going to the dentist. I'd rather do just about anything else medical (yes, even the dreaded gyno) than go to the dentist. I have an itsy-bitsy mouth, a tongue that refuses to get out of the way, and really sensitive teeth and gums. It's torture for me. Ughhhh.

Despite all that, I make it my goal to go every six months. Usually it's more like nine, but I do try. I know it's important; I just can't take it.

My last visit was in February, and I didn't have any cavities
The time before that, though, I had two

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been awake at 3:30 every morning for the past week with a sensitive tooth. I am making a dentist appt today.
I havn't been in a while since I have no dental coverage at work.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go once a year. It's such a relief after having braces for 4 years and going to the braces guy EVERY month. I had a cavity once, but that tooth was being pulled anyway.

I had 18 teeth pulled in my life!!!! And yes some of those were perminant teeth. I think I'm missing at least 4 adult teeth, and of course my wisdom teeth.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Back from the dentist! I have 3 cavities, but not having gone in 2 years that's not bad

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a wisdom tooth out a few days before Christmas and a broken root filling was patched up. Gotta go back in about a month to have it fixed properly. I`d rather go and get them checked once a year than have toothache again and I keep having dreams that my teeth are falling out so I want to look after them

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I go every 6 months and it doesn't bother me at all!! If I need work done I don't get novacain either. When we were growing up our dentist never used it so I don't like the needle and the numbness-its quicker just to drill and fill!!
I actually like the dentist. I go every 6 months, and I brush twice a day and floss every day. I am a hygiene dork.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do the every 6 month deal.

My new dentist is pretty awesome. HE...not the hygentist...does the cleaning
I've never had that before!!

i haven't had a cavity in probably 4-5 years...