I want a full night's sleep!!!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat is driving me insane! A couple weeks ago, Namine decided she wanted us to wake up early - like 5:30 a.m. early. Now that was no problem then, as that is what time I was waking up to go to work. But it has gotten earlier and earlier. This morning it was 3:30. I had to be up at 4:30. She lightly scratches on anything she can. She used to do it on the door frame, but I covered that up with pillowcases. Now it's the bookshelf. This morning I shut the door because I needed that last hour of sleep. And she kept scratching at the door.

We've tried everything. We put softpaws on her last night, and three already came off. We tried shutting the door (but she scratches), feeding her(them) early so they don't bother us. I've tried ignoring her, but it's just very annoying and it keeps me awake.

Any other suggestions you guys can think of? I'm out of ideas.

ETA: And she was at the vet a couple days ago and everythings fine, health wise.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Play with her a good 30 minutes before you go to bed, then give her some wet food. She'll sleep like a baby after that!
I'll have to try that. They already get wet food now before my boyfriend goes to bed, at around 12:30 or so. But when should we play with them. I go to bed early; anywhere between 8 and 9:30, depending on how tired I am. Should he play with them before he goes to bed? But then again, I don't know if our downstairs neighbor would like the sound of running kitties at midnight very much.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They will probably sleep longer if the person going to bed the latest does the playing.

I play with mine before and after work, then again before bed. They have dinner then sleep through the night.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll have to have my boyfriend try this tonight to see if it works. The only problem is getting him off his addicting computer game to play with them.

clsmith9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi im new on here but i remember my cats driving me insane just before they were done. Has yours already been done-also my male cat has always been like this. My vet told me that males like to roam at night and sleep in the day as night time makes them feel safer to explore their home. Anyway if u get a gud method to make them sleep at night then share please x

mercury_quirks

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is the wet food right before you go to bed supposed to be a snack or one of its meals? I've been having issues with getting my cat to sleep through the night too. It doesn't help that I'm a college student and my schedule varies depending on the day. I'm trying to even it out though!

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Play with her a good 30 minutes before you go to bed, then give her some wet food. She'll sleep like a baby after that!
Afraid that doesn't work with His Mosiness. I play with him most of the evening, and refuse to let him sleep for the few hours before bed. Then he gets something to eat and sure he sleeps like a baby. For 4-5 hours
Then he's bright eyed and bushy tailed and waking me up

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by urbantigers

Afraid that doesn't work with His Mosiness. I play with him most of the evening, and refuse to let him sleep for the few hours before bed. Then he gets something to eat and sure he sleeps like a baby. For 4-5 hours
Then he's bright eyed and bushy tailed and waking me up
I thought Jack was bad