Endeavour is home!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SammiesMom

Don't you love living in Florida and being able to see the launches? Just walk outside and you are experiencing history.
I know! It's really cool!

I remember seeing my first one when I was about 12! It was amazing!

sammiesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What makes me sad is that there is sometimes lack of interest in my 'hood. I guess that is the situation elsewhere as well.

But, I'll go out there and look to the east. A few neighbors are out there, but not (IMHO) enough. Those of us outside find a point to focus and then we get SOOOOOOO excited when we see it, and even more excited when we see the separation.

I feel sorry for those who miss this experience. It is a wonder.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What makes me sad is that there is sometimes lack of interest in my 'hood. I guess that is the situation elsewhere as well.

But, I'll go out there and look to the east. A few neighbors are out there, but not (IMHO) enough. Those of us outside find a point to focus and then we get SOOOOOOO excited when we see it, and even more excited when we see the separation.

I feel sorry for those who miss this experience. It is a wonder.
It is sad
I try to get my kids to come outside and watch it but they're more interested in other things

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Don't you love living in Florida and being able to see the launches? Just walk outside and you are experiencing history.
And why I miss it. I loved watching the shuttle go up right before sunset. Then the clouds would turn all sort of wonderful hues as the sun set past the horizon. Beautiful!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's got to be so awesome to see!!! Maybe someday I can take a trip to Florida when a shuttle is launching or returning! That would be sooo awesome!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

That's got to be so awesome to see!!! Maybe someday I can take a trip to Florida when a shuttle is launching or returning! That would be sooo awesome!
Me too!!!!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

If they'd launch one anywhere near my 'hood*, plenty of people would be interested!

*my hood is Chicago