How do you like your steak?

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was curious!!! My family has always ate their steak rare/medium rare and my SO's family likes it WELL done
So you could imagine what it was like the first time either of us at steak with the other family
I thought their steak was burnt and tasteless and my SO thought our steak was still alive

Lets hear your story!!!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to check "Depends" because I prefer my steak to stay on the cow

It's not that I don't eat meat...although I could live very easily without it...it's just that of all the meat I've ever eaten steak is my least favorite.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
THere are 5 ways to cook steak, and you didn't list them all - I like mine Medium-Well. Still juicy on the inside but cooked through and not bloody.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

THere are 5 ways to cook steak, and you didn't list them all - I like mine Medium-Well. Still juicy on the inside but cooked through and not bloody.
I like mine well done usually - but I like it still a bit juicy - no red in it for me!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't eat meat anymore, but when I did I always preferred my steak (and any other meat) well done. I'm too paranoid about food to trust anything that's not well done!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I've noted that wave a match over it isn't an option.
Lol....I just gave the options restaruants usually give me. If you ask for rare, it's medium rare, if you ask for anything medium anything it's medium, and anything more is well done.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Medium rare-well here

I've noticed, like you said Enzo, that if you ask for it medium rare it usually comes out under done, like mooing, but then if I ask for medium its too well done

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Medium rare-well here

I've noticed, like you said Enzo, that if you ask for it medium rare it usually comes out under done, like mooing, but then if I ask for medium its too well done
That's exactly what it's like around here!!!! I've seen a few "medium" steaks that didn't have a speak of pink in them.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rarely eat steak as I don't care for it, but when I do, I like it medium. I used to have a very well done, but that changed a few years ago.

We were at an awards dinner for my husband's former job. He was getting an award for years of service (that was the only time we would go since the dinner would be free for both of us). They served filet minion and everyone's was medium. Some people sent it back to be cooked more, but then had to wait forever. I just tried it and haven't looked back since. It was so good! Maybe it was the cut of steak, but it was so tender and juicy

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I said it depends, as it depends on what kind of restaurant I'm in! I like what the french would consider medium, but what the Irish consider rare. So some blood but not too much.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

I don't eat meat anymore, but when I did I always preferred my steak (and any other meat) well done. I'm too paranoid about food to trust anything that's not well done!
I don't eat steak very often, but I like mine very well done for the same reason. Reading about parasites that use cattle and pigs (muscle meat at that) kind of grosses me out. Thorough cooking does kill the cysts....

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I've noted that wave a match over it isn't an option.
And I was quite upset, lolol!!! My parents always ate them well done, but hub introduced me to the pinker side when we were dating.....now as long as it doesn't moo at me, we're ok! Mind you, if we eat with mom and dad, you cannot let mom see it bleed or she'll be sick to her stomach

Oh, and from the food industry side? As long as its cut meat like a steak, as long as its seared on both sides, there's no risk of it making you sick, the problem comes with ground meat where all the sides are cut in and mixed into the middle so that you have to cook it well done to kill all the bad thingys.