What Breed is Bear??

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So heres a poll of all the Breeds I think Bear may be ((of course we'll never know for sure but its still fun to guess))... I want your guys guesses!!
All ideas welcome!!

Pics:

*If you need a better Pic ((Different Angle, Closer View, Etc.))... I can provide one!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
*Estimated*

From Ears to Toes (Vertical)- 19"
From Back to Toes (Vertical)- 12"
From Head to Tail (Horizontal)- 29"

He Weighs about 20-25lb ((King Weighs more than him
))

These are the best pics I could get of him ((he wouldnt stand still))...

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's a corgi SOMETHING!!!! I can't decide what the other mix is though. I'm thinking Chi or Pom is too small to be the other mix. Maybe a distance mix....... I don't know!!!

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I went for Corgi/Pom.
The snout and ears look Corgi, the tail is Pom.
And at 20-25 lbs I would think ther wouldn't be any Chi in there.
Schipperkes are black and often (not always) the black coat will be dominant in a mixed breed.
I'm curious to find out what Bear is! He looks like a ton of fun!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was gonna pick the Chi/Pom cross but looked too big for both breeds. So I went with the Corgi/Pom (tail) cross as it fits more with the size/weight given.

Chi/Pom would be under 10 lbs.

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i think chi/pom/corgi....
theres something else too!
but what i couldnt say which is gonna wind me up till i get it!
im really good at these when were out walking show me a mutt and i can normally pick it apart in to what breeds are there!

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just looked up Shiba Inu... and yea it does fit!.. but we still dont know.

As for the Spitz.. I was showing it to my mom and she thought it looked to big to be Bear BUT a couple yrs ago I adopted a Dachshund/Lab Mix that could fit in a Tea Cup... so its possible he was mixed with something Small and Large and came out Small.

Hmmm... I wonder.. Its that Curly Tail that keeps throwing me off cuz a Pomeranian doesnt really have a Curly Tail.. it lays more flat on its back than it does Curl... But who knows.

Ohh.. this is a Shiba Inu/Chihuahua Mix.. Resemblance to Bear?:
http://www.ryoshida.com/wendysweb/ar...SCN5580_CJ.jpg
And this is a Shiba Inu/Corgi Mix and it sorta looks like Bear but this dogs Snout is just a lil to thick:
http://www.forpaws.org/success/dogpi...illie5-180.jpg

I can usually figure these things out easily too.. but I think hes mixed with somethings ive never seen in person and or owned before ((E.I. Shiba Inu, Spitz, Skipperke Etc.)).. so that makes it more difficult.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

Hey good thinking!!!!

That's my guess too!
Hehe.. Heres what a Shiba Inu/Corgi Mix looks like:
http://www.forpaws.org/success/dogpi...illie5-180.jpg
it sorta looks like Bear but this dogs Snout is just a lil to thick.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe American Eskimo.. hmm.
What about:
Vallhund Mix (instead of Corgi)
Norwegian Buhund
Keeshond
Basenji (doubting it though)

Just throwing breeds out.. anyone agree on any of those??

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmm.. so we all agree to Corgi Mix?? lol I guess ill go with that

So Ive got more pics of him!!..
We've been using a Baby Gate to separate him from the cats while still letting them get use to each other...

Bears so silly!...

Jack and Bear... Jack is ok with Bear as long as Bear is behind the fence or next to me ((look how big Jack is getting!!
))...

Jack walking away all annoyed by Bear...

Bear playing fetch with his fave Beanie Baby of all my Beanie Babies ((ive decided to let him have it
))...

I had some really cool shots of Kings reaction to Bear sitting 3ft away from him and a pic of Bear and Bonnie together but they disappeared!!.. im so mad that I cant find them anywhere!
Pinky does not like Bear.. its a good thing Bear is semi afraid of cats and Pinky is to lazy to jump the Baby Gates
We got him a new Collar today! its real nice, Sky Blue in Color and made oddly o_0.. its adjustable but its built like a Choker Collar .. minus the Choking Part.. weird. Now all we need are new Tags for Bear and Bonnie ((to match the new address)), I guess Bear has been known to run off when off the leash (his old owner told me this)... but I think he'd come to me if I called him.
Also.. I get up an average of 4 times a night to let Bear out... only cuz he insist I wake up to let him go out. He either jumps on me every time I move or bangs the door till I get up... hes lucky I love him

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
my tags don't have my address - just the cat's name, my home & cell numbers & a message saying 'if you see me outside, i am lost - reward".
he's a really cute dog - i think corgi/shiba inu is closest. snout could be smaller on Bear just because he got a slightly different mix of genes than the pic you referenced.